Tuesday, June 19, 2012

6/19's Deals and Steals

Good morning! Today is bound to be an emotional day.  It's my coworker's funeral.  Our company has arranged for transportation to and from the services and as much as I want to go, I'm also dreading it at the same time.  I'm a crier and even more so when I see the suffering and sorrow of others.  Actually thinking about it, I haven't been to a funeral service in probably about 10 years for my grandpa on my dad's side.

And in a complete 180, tonight we have friends in town for the Cubs-White Sox Crosstown  Classic at US Cellular (Sox).  It's another couple from our hometown.  It's going to be dreadfully hot, upper 90's and humid, but it should be a good time, especially since three of the four of us are Cubs fans, and J, the guy, is a Sox fan AND today also happens to be his birthday. It'll be my first game at The Cell, but I'm looking forward to it since tailgating is allowed and the food vendors are supposed to be way better than your basic hot dog!

The White Sox was my first MLB game in about six grade.  My dad got tickets through work (actually his company was given them by the company I now work for) and it was at the old stadium.  One would think that I would be a White Sox fan at heart, not only because it was my first game, but also that my great grandfather played for the Sox in the early 30's!  Evar Swanson (PS- we have that baseball card:O).  He also holds the Guinness Book of World Records record for the fastest time around the bases (13.3 seconds).  How is that I became more of a long distance runner and didn't inherit his speed? Phooey!

Here are the finds for today:

·         Banana Republic: Power lunch, today during 11a-2pm local time, take an extra 30% off sale items in store only

·         Beauty Bar: $20 off $60 purchase or $30 off $100 purcahse with code BB4SHORE

·         BR Outlet: $19.99 dresses and cardigans in store; plus save an extra 10% off $100+ purchase through 6/28

·         CB2: Today only, save an extra% on sale items with code EXTRA15

·         Folica.com: Through 6/20, take $25 off $75+ purchase, plus free shipping with code JUNESAVINGS

·         Francesca’s: Two-day flash sale: online only, save 30% on all regular priced tops

·         J Crew: Extra 30% off sale items online with code SHOPNOW through 6/21

·         Juicy Couture: Summer sale, up to 50% off

·         MLB.com: 20% off Kid’s items

·         North Face/Patagonia: Up to 70% off past season’s styles via 6pm.com

·         Picaboo: Through 6/27 buy one classic photobook or calendar, get one free with code SUMMERTIME

·         Restaurant.com: Through 6/20, $3 for $15 gift certificate or $5 for $25 gift certificate with code CELEBRATE (plus get 15% back via ebates.com)

·         Snapfish: Through 6/27, get 200 4x6 prints for $20 including shipping with code DADPRINT20 or get 100 4x6 prints for $10 including shipping with code DADPRINT10 (plus 10% back via ebates.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips