I made crepes for the first time ever; and they were surprisingly delicious (and easy)! When my family was in town a few weeks ago, we went to breakfast at Kanela Breakfast Club. I've only been twice, both times with my sister, but we decided it was a worthy option to take the rest of the gang too. Although the fly-infested patio was a bust (we immediately walked out and then decided to be sat inside), the food is fabulous. The first time we went, my sister got crepes; knowing how good they were, this time my family opted to get them as an appetizer (remember how I told you we're a dessert kind of family? I mean really-who orders an appetizer at breakfast?!). Anywho, they were awesome and my inspiration for our at-home brunch.
(Taken from here; makes four ~12" crepes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- Combine wet ingredients (eggs, milk, water, butter) in medium bowl
- Mix in dry ingredients (flour and salt)
- Mix; batter should be somewhat runny but not lumpy
- Warm 15"+ skillet on medium heat; oil/butter the pan (so the crepes won't stick)
- Pour batter on to center of pan and rock pan back and forth to spread out the batter
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side
Spread on the Nutella
Sprinkle the fruit in the middle and roll up like an enchilada or burrito.
I topped ours off with some powdered sugar; partially just for looks!