Thursday, September 1, 2011

Crepe Creations

Okay, so I know it really isn't technically Friday; but I'm headed to my hometown at 3pm this afternoon for one of my best friend's wedding on Saturday, so I count today as my Friday.  Knowing this weekend will be a whirlwind of emotions (yep, I'm that girl who always cries at wedding.  Hm, actually this will be our first wedding we're going to now that we're married, so maybe I'll be over the crying think.  I'm highly doubting it though), fun and good times, I know I'm not going to be posting.  And such I made such a delicious brunch last weekend, I want to be sure to share.

I made crepes for the first time ever; and they were surprisingly delicious (and easy)!  When my family was in town a few weeks ago, we went to breakfast at Kanela Breakfast Club.  I've only been twice, both times with my sister, but we decided it was a worthy option to take the rest of the gang too.  Although the fly-infested patio was a bust (we immediately walked out and then decided to be sat inside), the food is fabulous.  The first time we went, my sister got crepes; knowing how good they were, this time my family opted to get them as an appetizer (remember how I told  you we're a dessert kind of family? I mean really-who orders an appetizer at breakfast?!).  Anywho, they were awesome and my inspiration for our at-home brunch.

Crepes
(Taken from here; makes four ~12" crepes)


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp melted butter
Directions:
  • Combine wet ingredients (eggs, milk, water, butter) in medium bowl
  • Mix in dry ingredients (flour and salt)
  • Mix; batter should be somewhat runny but not lumpy
  • Warm 15"+ skillet on medium heat; oil/butter the pan (so the crepes won't stick)
  • Pour batter on to center of pan and rock pan back and forth to spread out the batter
  • Cook for about 2 minutes on each side
Now the fun part: toppings!  For ours I opted for the combination of Nutella-type spread, bananas, and strawberries. Mmmmm.

Spread on the Nutella
 
Sprinkle the fruit in the middle and roll up like an enchilada or burrito. 

 I topped ours off with some powdered sugar; partially just for looks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips