Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries

I'm terrible at coming up sides to have with dinner (although I do think H is partially to blame since he refuses to eat veggies); my go-to's are either Anne's White Cheddar Mac and Cheese, Velveeta Cheese and Shells or Lipton's Flavored Chicken Rice...so last week I planned on H grilling burgers and wanted a new side.  I ended up deciding to make sweet potato fries.  I looked on pinterest and allrecipes but didn't really find any recipes that I liked for baked fries (not true fried fries), or if they did, they involved cornstarch, which I don't exactly classify as healthy.  So these are a simple creation of my own.

Sweet Potato Baked Fries

Ingredients:
(Serves 2-3)
  • 2 large sweet potatoes
  • 2 Tsbp olive oil
  • ~1/2 tsp salt
  • ~1/4 tsp black pepper

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375F
  • Peel potatoes and slice into "straw" (approx 1/4"x1/4" rods)
  • Place in bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and paper
  • Lay flat on cookie sheet and space out as much as possible
  • Bake for ~15min; flipping them around 7min
  • Suggested variation:  These were definitely baked and somewhat soft for a fry.  H suggested that next time we make them we broil them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips