Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Friday! I am currently enjoying a Starbucks breakfast sandwich and tall coffee as  type.  Have I ever mentioned that I “treat” myself to Starbucks breakfast on Fridays?  Just one more reason to look forward to Fridays! Usually I get a grande (medium) coffee…but I got the tall because it was free!  A few months ago somewhere someone mentioned that if you buy Starbucks coffee beans/grounds on the packaging it says to bring in the empty bag for a free tall free.  Which is just what I did :O)


(This is a borrowed picture from Google images)

In addition to my free coffee (which is much better than the free coffee from work I usually drink), I’m also really excited for this weekend’s plans.  Tonight I’m babysitting E (7 yr old girl) & M (4 yr old boy).  I nannied for these kids for four years in college in Milwaukee (basically M was 9mo old and E was 2 when I first met them! They’ve grown up so much).  I absolutely love and adore them and based on the number of times they have accidentally called me “Mom” over the years, I’d say the feeling is mutual.  They were the flower girl and ring bearer in our wedding. Now that I live in Chicago and they live in MKE, we rarely see each, but lucky for us, their family has a “weekend” condo in Chicago (gosh, I’d kill for a “regular” condo in addition to a weekend condo in another city).  Tonight I’m headed over there to hang out. I have a little “party” planned.  In March when I babysat them, I sent them an invite for an “Easter party”, which involved an egg hunt and dying eggs (the first time they’d ever done it! What?!).  Last weekend when I was bored and on Pinterest, I decided we’d have an “Under the Sea” party.  I sent them an invite and I got a voicemail last night that everyone is exciting and E even got a new little mermaid dress to wear for the party.




What exactly do you do at one of these?  Well, I’m still trying to come up with the game plan. As of right now we’re going to make jellyfish like the ones below, have a clue scavenger hunt which will lead us to supplies for making “fishing poles” (aka doll rods, ribbons, and clothes pins), and then we’ll go fishing.

From Pinterest

For dinner, they’ll have either Squiggles (I’ve had these pinned on Pinterest forever and my sister thinks it’s so disgusting she’s told her friends about it to poke fun) or “Octopus” hot dogs with mac and cheese.




Saturday we have another party to attend.  One of our friends is hosting a “Friendsgiving”.  She’s supplying the turkey and asked everyone to bring a dish to share and a drink.  We tried Ben’s Sweet Potato Beer for the first time yesterday and it’s really good!  Last night we endeavored creating our own labels and adhering them to the bottles (after helping him with that I insisted that we walk to the ice cream store that I had a Groupon for that was expiring.  It’s true love when you cold-ridden husband is willing to go for a walk with you to get ice cream when it’s 30 degrees out).  Anyways, I’m happy with how the labels turned out on our first attempt doing this.  Ben’s wants it to be a surprise, so I’ll post pics next week of how they turned out.  In addition we’ll be bringing mashed potatoes and a dessert.  I’m really excited for this little get-together.

Sunday, I’m going to meet a friend I “met” about a year and a half ago on The Knot’s message’s boards for cupcakes.  We’ve become facebook friends and often, but she lives in Ohio.  She’s in town for the weekend, so we set up a date at Magnolia Bakery downtown to meet before she and her husband head back to Ohio.  I’m super excited to meet her in person and also to go to Magnolia.  I’ve been to NYC twice and can confidently say that between the two trips, I’ve been to Magnolia at least six times (the one on Bleecker St is the best!).

And that’s our weekend in a nutshell.  I hope you have something fun and exciting planned!

Now for some sales:
·         Amazon: Today only, 11/11 $11 and under Toy and Game sale
·         AT Lofts: Friends and Family is going on with new arrivals in store today, 40% off entire purchase (I finally am going to go; today during lunch! Excited!)
·         CB2: Donate 7 non-perishable items and receive 15% off your purchase
·         Coach Factory: 50% off Gallery totes ($358, with sale and coupon it becomes $125) and additional 30% off coupon (good through Sunday)

(I'm not sure printing the above pics will work; if you want the email to print, let me know!)

·         Crate and Barrel Outlet: 50%+ off Veteran’s Day Sale
·         Juicy Couture: 30% off select track suits
·         Macys: Extra 15% off regular, sale and clearance prices with code VET15 through 11/13
·         Shutterfly: 40% off cards through 11/16 with code CARD40. Also 25% off photobooks, B1G1 half off calendars and 20% off photogifts (plus get 10% back when you shop via ebates.com)
·         West Elm: 20% off dinnerware sale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips