Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!! 

And kisses from Big O!! (This is part of our Valentine; I'll post more pics later)

Do you have any special plans for today, tonight or this weekend to celebrate?

We're doing a "free" Valentine's Day; at least that was the original plan, especially with our upcoming trip.  We've been joking that we're having a postponed Valentine's in Paris. Ben got a $100 Lettuce Entertain You gift card, so there's a number of restaurants we could chose to utlize it at.  We opted for our favorite tapas place in Lincoln Park, Cafe Ba Ba Reeba, and make reservations online a month ago via opentable.com.

The agreement was that we'd just exchange cards and no gifts; and that Ben would buy me flowers (but from the grocery store for $12 instead of some expensive 1-800-flowers boutique).  Well, wouldn't ya know, the kid lucked out.  Last week he received a letter from a local radio station.  I didn't open it, but was hoping Ben had won Daniel Tosh tickets (we love Daniel Tosh and Ben had entered to win tickets after we decided that at $70 a piece it wasn't worth buying AND Ben has great luck winning things).  Nope, no tickets.  Instead, he won a coupon for a free dozen roses from the grocery store. Lol, so completely free, besides cards!

However, since he's giving me dinner and roses, even though they're free, I think I'm going to give him something small.  A $12 giftcard to Starbucks.  Random, right?  It's our 12th Valentine's together! We actually talked about that last night (and Ben said it was the best because it's the least expensive, lol), so I think he'd get it.  I'm also going to prebuy and print out tickets for one of our trips to the Eiffel Tower.  It's not like I'm really spending a ton then, since we're planning on going anyways.

Tying into the Eiffel Tower....since we've been living together (2009), I've gotten Ben two Valentine's Day cards.  The first year I found this adorable bulldog card; but the problem was that Ben found it too, in my hiding spot in the vanity.  I was so mad that he saw it ahead of time (and at myself that I hadn't signed and sealed the envelope), that I bought a second more mushy-type card.  Ever since, I've gotten him one bulldog card and one serious one.  So this year, his second card has the Eiffel Tower on the front along with some heartfelt message. Perfecto! (or maybe I should say Parfait!)

Here are today's deals:
·    AT Loft is having a flash sale; online only today; select items.
·    Banana Republic: Deal for BR/Gap/ON store cardholders:

·     Barnes and Noble: 30% off new release books coupon
·    Gap: 20% online purchases today with code GAPLOVESU
·    LL Bean: 15% off site today with code BOOT15
·    Restaurant.com: Last day of $2 for $25 gift certificates, use code SWEETIE (and get 10% back via ebates.com)
·    Tory Burch: Eddie Flats in metallic color are marked down to $124 on her website, with free shipping!

·     Qdoba: Buy one entree get one, today only!
·     West Elm: Last day for 20% off lighting, frames and window treatments; in store and online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips