Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm always in search of a good chocolate chip recipe.  There are so many varieties in taste and text for such a simple cookie that even sometimes when I make my own recipe it turns out differently (oh and by 'my own recipe' I mean my dad's recipe).  I came across a blog, Apple a Day, via Pinterest with a recipe that the outcome looked amazing.  So I decided to give it a try and the cookies tasted just as amazing as they looked!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
    

Directions:
  • Preheat oven for 350 degrees F
  • Combine the butter and sugars; mix well until creamy and fluffy

  • Add in the egg and vanilla

  • Add in flour, salt, baking soda and cornstarch. Mix well.


  • Mix in chocolate chips
  • Form into small balls (I used my small cookie scoop and was able to get about 45 cookies from one batch)
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes (just enough so that the edges of the cookies turn slighly brown and the remove from heat immediately)

These cookies ending up being so good that I made two batches within a matter of four days! (Although I did take all but 4 cookies into work from the first batch)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips