Wednesday, June 13, 2012

6/13's Deals and Steals

Good morning! This week is exhausting, but luckily it's short for me. As I posted yesterday, Monday was the big switch to summer hours schedules, which put me in bed at 9 o'clock Monday night.  Last night I attended a dinner for a professional engineering society with work at The Parthenon.  As you can probably guess from the name, it's a Greek restaurant.  The food was delicious, especially the fried cheese!!  I also learned that fried cheese, known as Saganaki, was actually invented in Chicago's Greektown as a way to have an impressive presentation of the food. Interesting.

The presentation for the dinner itself I'd actually already seen at work.  Richard Lanyon presented on his book, Building the Canal to Save Chicago, which talks about how the Chicago River's flow was reserved in the late 1800s/early 1900s.  I ended up buying the book for my dad as part of his Father's Day gift since he's into history and water.

On my way home I finally got my girlfriend, C, on the phone for a nice hour-long catch up (She's the friend who got married in Oct.  Actually, I should share that her wedding was posted on Style Me Pretty last week. How cool!) It was great to hear her voice and get updated on her life.  For me, she's one of those people I can talk to as if nothings changed no matter how long between our conversations.  It was a nice night!

Here are today's deals:

·         Banana Republic: In store (today only) mystery coupon; print this and save 30-50% on one item

·         Folica: Through 6/14; save 25% when you buy 2 or more products with code DOUBLE25

·         Francescas: 50% off all summer shoes in store and online

·         Gap: Ends online today: 30% off select women’s, body and men’s styles

·         Philosophy: 30% off all orders through 6/16 with code philosophy12

·         Victoria’s Secret: Place any online order through June 27 and get $10 off a future online purchase between July 6-31.

·         West Elm: Through Mon, 6/18, take an extra 15% off clearance items with code SOBRIGHT; plus 15% off mirrors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips