Thursday, June 28, 2012

6/28's Deals and Steals

Are you ready for a scalding hot day?  The Midwest is forecasted to have extremely high temps today, hopefully we don’t melt.  Thus week it hasn’t been too bad, I’ve still been going out for runs after work and surviving :O)  Knucklehead, the foster, is being taken to the vet (in the suburbs) today by another volunteer, so I dropped him off at their house this morning and drove to work.  I maybe drive to work 10 times a year, maybe.  It’s such a weird feeling not to get the free Red Eye Paper and not to get on the El Train.
Per my coworkers recommendation, I parked a few blocks away in Greektown.  He’d said he only pays $6 for parking there, but he failed to tell me that’s the pricing if you’re there before 6am (yep, he’s in the office that early).  I paid $10 and on my mini-walk to work (which was actually farther than my El-to-work walk), I came across numerous parking lots and garages that were $12.  I would have gladly paid $2 more to shorten my walk and also try to get some shade parking because the car is going to be hot hot this afternoon when I get off and go back to get Knucks!

One nice change with driving is that I came across a wonderful bakery.  I’d planned on having yogurt for breakfast, but when I grabbed it out of the fridge and saw that it expired June 1 (ew), I decided I’d have to buy breakfast.  Specialty’s Bakery was more expensive than Starbucks, but the breakfast sandwich was pretty good (and made fresh), plus they have Intelligista Coffee, which is yummy! I want to go back for a cookie because they looked amazingly delicious.

Last night, as mentioned yesterday, we dined out with my dad, brother and SIL at Frasca.  It’s a pizzeria/wine bar that has buy one get one free pizzas on Wednesday night.  The place was hopping.  We were starving by the time we got there so we ordered a smorgeous board of bruschetta varieties and cheese apps.  My favorite was probably the grapes, bleu cheese, honey bruschetta. Deliciouso!



I had some of the margherita pizza and also the prosciutto.  The prosciutto had prosciutto (obviously) as well as arugula lightly tossed in a dressing, on top. It was difference but really good!  Something must be wrong with me because both times we’ve ate out with my dad this week, I turned down dessert! So not like me!!

Here are some deals and steals:

·         American Eagle: Online only through 7/8, take an extra 30% off sale items

·         Banana Republic: Through 7/4, save an extra 40% off sale items in stores and online with code BRSTARS

·         Gap: Red, Bright and Blue Sale: up to 40% off in stores and online

·         Macys: Extra 15% off with code FOURTH (get 6% back via ebates.com)

·         Michaels: Weekly Coupons validity varies, includes 15% off entire purchase, 40% off one regular priced item and 55% off custom framing

·         MLB.com: Buy 1 clearance item, get extra 15% off, 2 items get 20% off and 3+ items get 25% off

·         Victoria’s Secret: Free 2nd Day Express shipping with an $40 swim purchase, use code OCEAN40

·         Walgreens: Through 6/30, all photo cards are 50% off with code CARDS50


Local Deals:

·         Presale for Carrie Underwood at United Center (Chicago) December 12th, use code good. Valid 6/28, 10am-10pm

·         CTA Pass: $9 for a 3-day unlimited rides on trains and buses via Groupon.com (Regularly $14)

·         Highlights and Morrocan Oil Treatment, starting at $62 at XEX Salon via bloomspot.com (This is my “Chicago” salon! I’m definitely taking advantage of the $82 deal for cut, partial highlights and Moroccan Oil! I’m hoping I’m in their system with my maiden name so I can use this since it’s only valid for new clients or those who haven’t been in there 12 months, which I think I have.)

·         Perchance Boutique: In stores and online 6/29 through 7/4, take 20% off anything red, white or blue.  Online use code FLAG2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips