Friday, June 22, 2012

Wknd Plans + deals and steals

Happy Friday all!!  For me, it came pretty quick. I had an something going on every night this, which is so not like us.  I’m usually a get home from work, walk dogs, exercise, rinse off shower, cook dinner, tv/movie/read kind of gal. 
Monday- Hair appt.  Over the wknd  I got my hair colored, but I decided it was a bit too blonde for me so I got a toner put in on Monday.

Tuesday – We had one of Ben’s childhood friends and his gf (also from our hometown) in town for the guy’s birthday and for the Cubs-White Sox game. 

 Wednesday – A couple drove down from Wisconsin to meet Knucklehead for possible adoption! It went well, although it was our first time doing an introduction, so we’re not quite sure how to gage it.  Even if he’s not the dog for them, there are three other approved homes for the organization that would all be a great fit, so now we wait and see.

Thursday – Last night I attended a client fundraiser for work.  Yesterday it was “cooler”, but still in the upper 80’s, sunny and humid.  The event was outside.  At least I was in a skirt and short-sleeved cardigan.  I feel bad for the three coworkers I went with who were in pants, shirts and jackets.  We were too busy networking to get any of the food that was served, but even the patio itself, along the river, is so charming I’d love to go back just to sit get drinks and dessert, if not a meal.  The only downfall is that it made for a 14-hr day away from home.  However, it’s a privilege to be asked to go to these events, so once in a while, I don’t mind a long day like that.

And the fun doesn’t stop there.  We have a fairly booked weekend.  Tonight I’m taking Knucklehead to Pride Fest to volunteer with our organization, Chicago English Bulldog Rescue.  Tomorrow afternoon we have a group of friends taking the Metra (suburbs train line) out to Ravinia, which is an outdoor concert facility/park. Popular groups/singers go there like Train, Demi Lavato, Seal, etc. We’re bought lawn tickets for NPR’s Praire Home Companion Garrison Keilor.  I’m not sure it’ll be the best show, but with our picnic spread (the place allows alcohol too), it should be fun!  I just have to decide on what we’re bringing and find time to make it.

Sunday is the 43rd Annual Chicago Pride Parade.  This is my 5th summer in Chicago and surprisingly I have never made it to this event.  There’s also been something going on this weekend in the past, so I’m really excited to finally see what all the talk is about!

Hope you have a great weekend planned!

Here are some deals to get you through it:

·         American Eagle: Free shipping on everything through 6/24 (no code needed)

·         Banana Republic: Up to 40% off sale in store and online; cardholders (BR, Gap, ON), get an extra 10% off; use code BRSALE online and this coupon in stores

·         Francesca’s: Summer sale, up to 70% off

·         James Perse: Private sale online

·         JoAnn Fabrics: Free shipping with $25+ purchase through 6/24. Use code HSX176

·         Macys: Through 6/24. extra $25 off a $100 purchase in stores with this coupon; extra 20% off with code SAVE

·         Michaels: $5-$25 off your purchase, 50% off custom framing and 50% off bakeware coupons

·         MLB.com: 20% off hats and caps (no code needed)

·         Philosophy: Free shipping today, with no minimum purchase. Use code flyaway

·         Puma: Friends and Family sale, through 6/25, get 40% off your entire purchase with code PUMAFF612 (online only)

·         Terrian: Tag and Garden Sale, up to 50% off

·         TIMEX watches: Buy one, get one 50% off with code classic

·         Victoria’s Secret: Extra 20% off swim clearance with code 20SUMMER ends Sun 6/24. Get free shipping on $100+ orders with code SHIPVS12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips