Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Stupid is as Stupid Does (+deals)

Have you ever done something stupid, realizing what you were doing was a bad idea but you’re already in the middle of the action so it’s too late to stop? That was me last night.

We hadn’t had baked chicken or mashed potatoes in a while, and despite it being 90 degrees out, I thought it’d be a good idea to turn on the oven for the chicken.  Coordinating timing between main entrĂ©e and sides is one of my biggest challenges and for once, last night the timing was perfect. Chicken is finishing baking in the oven and my potatoes have boiled just enough to be drained and mashed.  I take the pot from the stovetop (turning off the flame) and walk the two feet towards the sink; except that carrying a large pot filled to the brim with potatoes and hot water with one arm is not a good idea, especially if you went to the gym prior to cooking and your arms already feel like noodles.

As you may have guessed, my arm “gave out” just enough to send scalding water over the edge of the pot, onto the floor and onto my toes. MOTHER F’ER! I was instantly down on the ground trying to peel off my socks with tears in my tears.  Luckily I don’t have any blisters, but it slightly painful to wear closed toe shoes.  (In case you’re wondering, the potatoes survived and turned out well.  Ben must have felt sorry for me because he unloaded the dishwasher, washed the dished AND folded the laundry all by himself without my asking or telling him to do so).

Moral of the story: use two hands when carrying hot items!
Now for today’s deals and steals:
·         Athleta: Extra 20% off sale items in store and online through 8/3; online use code SUMMERFUN
      ·         BR/Gap/ON/Piperlime: 10% of Tuesday for cardholders with code TUESDAYS
·         Carsons/BonTon/Boston Store/etc: 30% off fall preview, women’s regular price apparel and shoes with code FALLPREVIEW
·         Gap: Today and online only; extra 25% of sale item with code GAPSUMMER
·         Snapfish: 25% off invites and announcements with code FOREVER through 8/8 (get 10% back via ebates.com)
·         Victoria’s Secret: Free getaway bag with $75+ purchase
·         West Elm: Free shipping on select items

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips