Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It Happened!

A text. A picture. A scream. A phone call.

One of my best friends got engaged over the weekend!!

While out and about Saturday afternoon I received a text from my dear friend MT that said "I'm engaged!!!" followed by a picture of her gorgeous ring (that fits her personality perfectly).  Naturally, I screamed (even though I was in a bar).  I immediately called her to here the details. 

It happened on her alma mater/college campus at one of the most romantic spots.  She had been blindsighted.  We (at least I was thinking this) all knew it was a matter of time, but she been caught off guard.  He told her they were taking some family pictures on campus and when she turned to look for his family, by the time she turned around, he was on one knee.

They've been together approximately a year.  They met last Halloween through a mutual friend.  MT offered him some Hollywood tape when his fake mustache wouldn't stay on and his response was something about "I have to meet my mom in the morning, will it come off?".  The two are a perfect match and I couldn't be happier for them.  MT- You deserve the best and I think you've found it :O)

I may be being overly optimistic, but I can't wait for these roles to reverse!


Happy Engagement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips