Friday, November 30, 2012

Project Mistletoe

Yesterday Chicago English Bulldog Rescue* welcome seven, yes SEVEN!, new bulldog rescues into the organization (well, there were also two golden retrievers rescued too, but they were taken to a different rescue, As Good as Gold Rescue) as Project Mistletoe. Three females and four males in total.  You can read about all of them here, but I wanted to share the news, you know what's coming right?, that we'll be taking on our fourth foster.

Friends, meet Tiny Tim, who is supposedly anything but tiny, our newest foster.

He's not in our home yet, but will be by the end of the weekend.  He is two years old and was intended to be a breeding stud (literally, although he is quite handsome too), until the breeder realized he had only one testicle (I'm not sure why they kept him for two years knowing this).  In short, having just one ball saved his life, or at least has brought him to what will be a better life. Who would have thought?

As we were informed and updated on all of the new bullies coming in, last night I was overwhelmed. I had tears streaming down my cheeks as I looked pictures of each dog.  Especially in the holiday season, it is such a reminder of the blessings bestowed upon us.  I am so grateful that we are in a position to help this poor souls who have no one to stand up for them.  Even as I'm writing this post I'm starting to tear up.  Joining CEBR this year has been one of our biggest and proudest accomplishments.  I am overwhelmed with happiness in knowing that we truly are making a difference, one dog at a time.

*Warning: if you click the first link (to Chicago English Bulldog Rescue website) and watch the video; you made wind up crying. At your desk. In an open cubicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips