Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend Purchases!


With my little sister in town this weekend (more on that later), shopping was bound to happen.  Here are my weekend purchases.
 
Shirt - Gap: I paid just $12 for this shirt, after getting 40% off with my Gap card and having a $20 rewards to redeem. I bought a size small.  It's not available online, but is in stores. Here's a similar shirt just a different color.
 
Cognac belt - J Crew: Size small, $14 (on sale for $19.99 and 30% off); perfect for my cognac riding boots and booties! (not available online)
 
Bow belt - Forever 21: size small, $4.80.  This definitely is too small to fit around my belt loops, but it'll be cute around my waist.
 
Rhinestone bracelet - Forever 21: $6.80.  A J Crew wanna-be, but without the price tag.
 
Navy skirt - TJ Maxx: Will Smith brand, size 6, on sale for $15*
 
Gold Sequin skirt - TJ Maxx: size large (Juniors dept), $15*
 

 
 I've been looking for a gold sequin skirt this fall to recreate this outfit:
From  tumblr, found via Pinterest
However, working in a business casual office, I didn't want to pay a hefty price tag for a sequin skirt (although I adore this from Lands' End Canvas).  I do have a date set up for a sewing session in December with a few friends where I'm hoping to create something similar to above, but just as a back up, I bought the two skirts at TJ Maxx. I couldn't beat the prices and I actually think I like the navy spin on the combo more than the original.
 
Don't worry, I didn't shop for only myself this weekend.  I also found Ben an great Christmas present at TJ Maxx; but just in case his eyes wander over here, I'm not posting any details.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips