Friday, March 15, 2013

3/15's Deals and Steals

You can let out a sigh of relief. Osc-man is home safe and sound. 


The procedure went well yesterday.  We'll go back in two weeks for a follow up, but at this point we're glad to have done the procedure and really hope this is the answer to all of Osc's eye issues. Time will tell!

Last St. Patrick's Day weekend we were headed home to see my grandpa. His health was failing him, we were headed on an 18-day trip to Europe and I was scared he'd pass while we were gone (During college I had a friend pass away while I was out of the country and now I have an irrational fear that anytime I leave the country, something bad is going to happen to a loved one.).

A year, later, he's still here with ups and downs in his health.  I've wrote about it a little bit, so I wanted to share that two weeks ago the family decided to put him in hospice.  The first week he actually seemed to be doing much better.  He received care from strangers a lot easier than from family (my aunts and uncles as well as parents had been rotating staying with my grandma to help). This week he's stopped eating again and now is on morphine.

It seems to be a matter of time, which is fine.  I've gotten over the hump of bursting into tears every time my mom mentions Gpa and now I'm at peace that when he time comes, that's it.

Is it terrible of me to pray that it either comes well in advance of my April 12th Exam or after?

Agh, I didn't mean for this post to turn into a Debbie-Downer, I merely wanted to say that I don't have a good track record for St. Patricks day weekend. This weekend while I am taking this practice exam, have a green beer for me! Or several :)

Today's Deals and Steals:
  • Bloomingdales: Loyalists Sale:

  • Franceca's: Buy one clothing item, get the second 50% off in stores and online
  • Gap: Friends and Family Sale: in stores through 3/18 and online through 3/17
    • use code GAPFRIENDS
    • Gap Silver Cardholders and BR Luxe get 40% off online and in store
    • 2% back via ebates.com
  • J Crew: Last day for extra 30% off final sale items in store and online; use code GOODNEWS (3% back via ebates.com)
  • Juicy Couture: Free shipping on all orders (5% back via ebates.com)
  • The Limited: 40% off everything in store and online with code LUCKY
  • Macys: Extra 20% off with code VIP (3% back via ebates.com)
  • Michaels: 40% off one regular priced item
  • Puma: Free shipping this weekend
  • Restaurant.com: Last day for $1.60 for $10 gift certificates with code PATTY (15% back via ebates.com)
  • Shutterfly: Extra 25% off sale prices through 3/19 with code INBLOOM
  • Ulta: $3.50 off $10 purchase
  • West Elm: 25% off furniture flash sale

3 comments:

  1. So glad Oscar did well! Hope he recovers quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Oscar is okay! Thoughts and prayers for your grandpa and your test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Oscar is home and happy! And prayers for your family and your Grandpa during this time!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips