It's an interesting situation.
If you recall, he and his wife divorced last year after struggling through their last year of marriage and trying to make it work. This new engagement and wedding has happened rather quick. However, the new duo have a background (they went to college together and hung out but decided not to pursue a relationship at the time before my brother was graduating and didn't want to do long distance)
I've met her once (in January) and my sister has never met her. Being that they are in their mid-thirties, well, maybe by then you'd just want to get on with your life once you find someone you want to spend the rest of it with? I'm happy for them both and hope that this relationship fulfills what couldn't be before and is happy and prosperous!
Now, for today's deals and steals:
- J Crew Factory: Extra 30% off summer styles with code SALE30 online only through 5/19 (3% back via ebates.com)
- Michaels: 25% off entire purchase, including sale items, ends today
- Target: 20% off Kate Young items with code KYOUNG20 through 5/17
- Chicago Craft Beer Week starts today! Woohoo!
- Cinnamon Boutique (Roscoe Village): Sidewalk Sale Saturday, 10a-6pm:
- 75% off select items
- 40% off all sale sweaters
- 25% off all pants and denim
- J Crew: First Ever Style Session. North Ave store, May 23rd, 6-8pm