We decided it was worth a shot, so I left home prepared with not only an umbrella, but also a poncho and mini flashlight (storms terrified me as a kid, still sometimes do).
Although I walk by Chicago Theater numerous times in a week, I'd never been inside.
It just celebrated it's 90th birthday and is beautiful.
Russell himself is quite the character and quite hilarious! Raunchy, but we'd expected that. If you have the chance to see him do stand up, I'd say it's worth it...although I'm not sure we would have paid the retail value of $115 for our pair of tickets and said the same thing.
Throughout the show we received text update about the Hawks and checked the score. We were on the train home when the game tied up and our hopes rose for a win. After practically sprinting home, we caught the last three minutes of regular game, which of course went into three overtimes, but ended with a victory!
Oh yeah, and the storms? There was some crazy lighting downtown during the show apparently, but all we had by us was rain, and that started around 10pm.
Now for today's deals and steals:
- Banana Republic: 40% off women's full price shorts and short sleeve knit tees today in store 2p-close and online 2pm-midnight with code BRSUMMER (2% back via ebates.com)
- Barnes and Noble: 15% off one item with coupon in store through 6/16
- J Crew: Last day for 30% off sale items with code SUMMERTIME online (3% back via ebates.com)
- J Crew Factory: 50% off everything in store through 6/16
- Kindle Daily Deal: Jodi Picoult's Between the Lines is $1.99 today (list price $19.99)
- Kohls: 20% off with code FAMILY20 (6% back via ebates.com)
- Piperlime: Designer Sale, up to 40% off (2% back via ebates.com)
- Starbucks: 50% off an iced espresso drink with coupon through 6/18
- Target: $5 off $20+ Merona clothing purchase
- TOMS: 10% back today via ebates.com