Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Blueberry Peach Crisp

One of our common summer desserts growing up were "crisps". It didn't matter what type of fruit, but essentially we were bound to have fruit topped with a sugary oat mixture and ice cream on a regular basis.  It's no wonder that when I found myself with a surplus of peaches sitting around the counter recently, my first thought was to make a crisp.  Add to the blueberries I had in the freezer and it was a done deal.
 
Ingredients:
(Serves 6)

Fruit Mixture:
  • Approximately 2 cups peaches/5 whole peaches
  • 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
Topping Mixture:
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup AP flour
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 4 Tbsp butter (I use unsalted)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Peel peaches (if desired, Ben is a picky eater ya know?) and cut into slices. Place slices in a medium sized bowl and lightly toss with one teaspoon of cinnamon.

Mix in blueberries and pour the fruit mixed into a pre-greased 6"x8" pan.
Next up is the topping mixture.  Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon in the same medium bowl from your peaches.  Once mixed, in a separate bowl, melt the butter.  Stir the melted butter into the oat mixture, which will get a little "chunky".
Pour the oats combination over the fruit and spread evenly.  Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the oats start to crisp up.
Let cool for 10+ minutes, top with ice cream and enjoy!
So simple, so easy and the perfect taste of summer!
 
Linking up with Ashley and Jessica for Taste of Tuesday


5 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love a good apple crisp. Peaches and blueberries sound great to try! Perfect fall dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG yummm! This is a perfect dish for the summer to fall transition! Glad you linked up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything with peaches, I'm all for it. This looks super delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUUUMMMM!!! I don't know why I shy away from these types of desserts! This looks easy and totally doable (for me)!! Can't wait to make this!! LOVE the fruit combo! :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips