Last year when we had our big Derby de Mayo birthday party, I spent a good amount of time searching for the perfect queso recipe and I found this. Who would have thought it'd be so simple? This queso is one of our favorites to have as a snack with salsa or to serve with items like Crockpot Chicken Taquitos.
- 1 lb slices of American Cheese (white or yellow is okay)
- 1/4 cup diced, canned green chiles
- 1/2 diced jalapeno
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
Are you ready for how quick and easy this is??
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized, microwave safe bowl
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes; stop every minute to stir
- After 5 minutes, cheese shall be melted and creamy after stirring
|After 2 minutes|
|After 5 minutes|