Now that fall is here in full blast and we're finally settled into our new apartment, I've been eager to try out some recipes for pumpkin pancakes. Ben was leery, but gobbled them right up! And you know how picky he is...if Ben likes them, they must be good!
(Original recipe; Makes ~10 6" pancakes)
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 eggs
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp vinegar (I used apple cider)
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together wet ingredients: milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, stirring just enough to combine.
- Scoop batter on top a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat. The batter will spread, so start with small scoops (~1/4 cups)
The first couple 'cakes came out slightly crispy and fried from the oil. Admittedly, these were the tastiest!