Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Deals and Steals - 9/27

So if you read the little blip about me, you’ll see that I’m an engineer.  Ever since school, I’m always the type of person that in social situations when I say that I’m one, I get the “wow, you don’t seem like the typical engineer” (which is a compliment, I think…).  But truth of the matter is, I am.  It’s like things like riding on the El (train) and looking at the roof-top HVAC equipment or being in a restaurant and noticing the ductwork that reaffirms my professional interest (and also drives H crazy).

I also love numbers.  Yep, I’m that dork.  I’ve had something in the back of my head that I’ve thought about figuring out for a while now…H and I have been together since 8th grade; a loooong  time.  Being that our first wedding anniversary (10.16.11) is our 12th year together and we’re 25; I wanted to figure out (roughly) when we’ll have been together for half of our lives.

I drafted up a similar formula to figure this out: 

 0.5* (A+X) = B+X

Where (all in days):
A is my current age
X is the amount of time until we’ve been together half my life
B is length of time we’ve been together
(so: when will half (0.5) of my life in the future (X-days), equal the amount of time we've been together)

So, for simple math, we’ve solving for X:
0.5A + 0.5X = B+X
0.5A - B = 0.5X 
(0.5A - B)/0.5 = X 
To figure out values for A and B; I found this online calculator that told me the number of days, so:
A = 9,273
B = 4,365

Then plugging in and solving for X:

X = 543

Plugging 543 days into this online date calculator, tells me that on Saturday, March 23, 2013, we’ll have been together approximately half of my life :O).  It's actually much farther away than I’d thought.  I’d anticipated it’d be Spring 2012.

Enough of my engin-nerd shining through…here are a few of today's finds:

      ·    Banana Republic:  Today (9/27), noon-4 pm, take 40% off entire purchase online  w/code: BRTUES40
      ·    Gap:  25% off regular priced items, today only (9/27), in stores and online with code: GAPNEW
·    Gap/ON/BR/Piperlime: 10% off for store card holders today (Tuesday) with code: TUESDAYS
·    Kate Spade Sample Sale, ends tonight (9/27) at 11:59 PST
·    Shutterfly:  One time use code (if you use, please comment so I’ll know it’s no longer valid), 40 free 4”x6” prints, expires 9/28, code: X0GP-729U-ZFF5-HPUUER
·    Ulta: $3.50 off $10+ purchase in store coupon, good through 10/1
o   OPI Nail polish: Buy 2, get 1 free top or base coat (coupon this with the coupon above and final price is $4.50, regularly $8.50 each)
o   Buy 2 get 1 also includes polish brands like Orly, Sally Hansen and Zoya

(0.5(9,273) - 4,365)/0.5 = X 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips