Friday, September 23, 2011

Pumpkin Sumthin'

I am obsessed with pumpkin flavored baked goods! However, I really don't have a ton of experience making them myself.  Well, I've messed with a few recipes, but nothing that's entirely memorable.  I came across this simple recipe from Skinnytaste and decided it was worth a shot (especially when each cupcake is only 84 calories). To go for a hardcore pumpkin taste, I altered her recipe and used an entire can of pureed pumpkin

I'm calling these Pumpkin Sumthins because I debated if it's really a muffin or a cupcake.  I feel like it's a cupcake since the basis is a cake mix; but according to my sister, "a cupcake is not a cupcake without frosting".  They're extremely moist, but also somewhat dense.  Whatever they truly are --- they're delicious!

Pumpkin Sumthins

Ingredients:
  • 18.25 oz Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla Super Moist Cake Mix
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon *
  • 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg *
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves *
  • 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger *
  • 1 can (smaller size) 100% pure pumpkin
  • 1 cup water
  • * Note: use can also use 2 tsp pumpkin spice instead of the individual spices




Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • In large bowl; combine Cake Mix and spices
  • Add water and pumpkin
  • Mix thoroughly

  • Place in lined cupcake tray and bake for approximately 25 minutes


I love when I actually remember to use things/knowledge that I've learned via Pinterest.  It makes it seems like the amount of time I waste on there is actually worth it:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips