Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Monday!

Alrighty, after an awesome wedding celebrating an amazing couple, it’s finally marathon week!  Our weekend was really fun.  We had a blast with all of the wedding festivities.  The bride was absolutely gorgeous and of course H looked good in his tux (I'll need to post some pics :O)  Even though the wedding was local (in our hometown) we opted to get a hotel room were the reception was held (to alleviate the stress of getting a ride back to our parents and also to get some extra sleep) and that turned out to be a great idea.  We did make it out post-reception, but only for a drink until we decided to head back to the hotel. We slept in until about 10:30ish, which is usually unheard of, mainly because of Oscar (who was at my parents).  We hit up Harris Pizza (yum!; even though a "QC-style" pizza place was opened here in Chicago, Roots, it's just not the same), watched the Bears win, grabbed Whitey’s Ice Cream and hit the road.

As I guessed would happen, I definitely did not make a dent in cleaning my closet at my parents.  Well, I guess I made a small dent since I decided to bring two winter coats and my wedding dress back to Chicago with me.  Yep, I’m definitely planning on sauntering around our apartment in my gown on Oct. 16th.  I mean, it’s a shame to let such a pretty and expensive dress only be worn once.  Let’s just hope I fit into it still, with all of my running, I think I should.

Instead of cleaning out my closet, I spent my time doing some errands, working on the bride and groom’s gift (I’ll post about it after our next wedding to attend b/c the gifts are somewhat similar), and also, making Minion Cupcakes for my friend who does my hair (I ended up going darker but not really changing the cut since I’m trying to keep it “long” for the wedding I’m in in 2 wks).  I saw the idea for cupcakes on Pinterest and immediately knew I needed to make these for my friend and her family since they’re dress up as Minions (from Despicable Me) for Halloween.  They turned out pretty cute, although I forgot to take a pic.  Luckily the family posted this on FB:



Today's deals:
·   Bloomingdales: Last day (today, 10/3) for Friends and Family with free shipping and 20% off order; use code: FALLFRIENDS11
·    J. Crew:  Free shipping on Women’s knits and tees through Wed, 10/5
Don't you love her outfit?  So simple but so cute!
·   Lacome: Today only (10/3), make a purchase via ebates.com and get back 14.0% of your purchase total
·   Michaels:  Weekly coupons (good through 10-8)
·   Picaboo: Through Tues (10/4), get 20-page 8”x8” or 8.5”x11” classic photobook for $19.99 with code: UPPY
·    Shutterfly: Through 10/12: get free shipping, 30% off photobooks, 20% off cards, 20% off mugs, etc. sale.  Free shipping code will be provided when you create/sign in to your shutterfly account
·    Snapfish: Through Wed, 10/5, get 100 4”x6” prints for $1 with code: ALLPRINTS100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips