Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Starting to trot (+Deals)

Last night I went for my first run post-marathon.  I'm climbing on that horse. I don’t remember the last time I took a week’s break from running.  Even when we were in Colorado in July we at least ran once. It was around 55F.  I decided during the day that I wanted to run, but with no expectations or set distance.  I just wanted to let myself go and gauge my distance based on how I felt.  It was awesome.  It was like my legs had just been waiting for me to take them for a spin.  I love running in fall.  It reminds me so much of cross-country in high school.  We had a close-knit group of girls and I have some really great memories from those CC-seasons.

I started out on my typical 3 mile route, but a few blocks in I completely went the opposite way.  I felt really good and enjoyed being out running again.  I ran over to Lincoln Park (the real park, not the ‘hood) and was surprised to see how many of the leaves had fallen since I last ran through, about 2 weeks ago.  It’s funny how quickly things can change, not only in our lives but in nature as well. 

I ended up running just shy of 6 miles (I use this website to track my mileage because I don’t have a smart phone with apps).  I was happy with that and my pace.  I could have gone longer; but it was getting dark and I knew that Ben would be home soon. Now I’m back to the debate of if I try out the Inidianapolis Monumental Marathon on 11/5.  Ben, such a good hubs, said he’s been planning on running it if I do.  But I’m still just kind of torn.  I feel like I don’t have the fight and excitement in me like that I did for Chicago….but maybe that’s not such a bad thing?  Maybe if I do into this and don’t hype myself out, then I’ll have better results than Chicago?  So for now, I’m still playing it by ear.  I found a Hil Higdon (who I used for initial marathon training) training schedule multiple marathons.  Grant I took last week off, but based on the ease of last night’s run; I do think this is manageable (with some minor adjustments):

Four Weeks Between Marathons
Week
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Su
4
Rest
2 m run
3 m run
4 m run
Rest
6 m run
1-2 hours
3
Rest
3 m run
6 m run
3 m run
Rest
6 m run
2 hours
2
Rest
4 m run
6 m run
4 m run
Rest
6 m run
2-3 hours
1
Rest
2 m run
3 m run
Rest
Rest
2 m run
Marathon


Last night we also had our wedding cake.  We’d been so full from our pizza on Sunday; plus we grabbed a few beers at the bar with some of Ben’s buddies for the Bear’s game, that we didn’t even have any on our anniversary.  Well, it was a disappointment!  The cake itself was still good, but the majority of the buttercream frosting just takes freezer burnt. Boo.  I had planned on us just eating a small wedge every anniversary and seeing how long it would last.  But after I take a picture (I’d forgotten the camera at work), this sucker is going in the trash.  I’ll update this post with a pic later; because at least it does still look pretty.  I also didn’t wear my wedding dress again at all this wedding, damn!!  I thought about putting it on last night when we tried the cake; but I’d showered from my run and it seemed unfair to put on such a pretty dress when I was looking so haggard.

I also worked on our wedding gift a bit last night….because in just 2 days we leave for Florida!!  As I’ve mentioned before, this weekend my best friend from college is getting married and I’m in the wedding.  Despite having travelled to a few “cool” destinations (NYC, New Orleans, Guatemala and India), I am 25 years old and have never been to Florida.  So in addition to seeing my bestie marry the man of her dreams (who is really cool and the perfect fit for her), we’re going to be enjoying some nice weather! Although I wouldn’t mind temps a little warmer and am hoping the rain will hold out:



As for some sales my friends, slim pickins':

·    AT Loft: 50% off all regular priced sweaters today (10/18) and tmrw (10/19)
·    Ebates.com: Currently offering some good returns on online purchases (remember this is money back in addition to savings from websites themselves):
o   Banana Republic: 10% back
§  Which by the way; I’m loving the look of this grey+pink combo:

o   Gap: 10% back
o   Macy’s: 5% back
o   Snapfish: 20% back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips