Monday, November 7, 2011

I wish I lived in Ohio today...(+deals)

Did you know that some parts of Ohio don't follow daylight savings?  Gosh that'd be nice. I  This time-change business was nice yesterday morning until I realized last night that it’s going to be getting dark at 5pm. Grrr; just as I’m hoping to get back into the gym workout routine.  Having it be dark when I get home from work is less than motivating.

Any who, I hope you had a great weekend!  There are tons of sales starting to pop up which is SO hard to try to keep on track for a budget.  I know I've posted here and there about being on a budget. In general it's great to be on a budget (not only great, but important). I'm not sure why, but I'm the type of person that finds it difficult to saving money just 'cuz.  Don't get me wrong, I do save money, but I'm less likely to stick strictly to my budget if I don't have a distinct goal.  For example, I'm really proud of myself from our engagement year.  In the time frame, not only did I save over $10K for our wedding (thankfully, blessedly, our parents also paid a large portion of the costs), but I also simultaneously paid off my credit card (a whooping $5K that I accumulated my senior year and the three months between college graduation and when I starting working; never again will I let that happen).

Currently, I'm saving for a trip to Europe next spring!  My sister (two years younger than I) will be moving to London area in January for work.  As of now, she'll be living there (in a furnished, company paid for 2 bed apt) through June.  I am SO excited to visit!  Ben is still up in the air about going (he's dreading coming back to work after a 2-week trip), so it's still undecided on an official travel plan.  Right now we're thinking I'll go around Easter so that way my sister will automatically have a 4-day weekend to do a trip, plus she's willing to use some vacation time too.  I'm currently trying to decide on where to go, but having never been to Europe, I'm considering: Barcelona, Paris, Rome, Morocco, Nice, etc.  (If you have any rec's; please let me know!!)

So, all of these sales are utterly tempting, but I must stick to my budget!  I think I may post how I'm doing on Fridays.  My current budget is to put at least 25% of my net income into savings every check.  I got paid last Friday and I cut it close.  I only had $14.82 left in "spending" money!  So, now I'll continue to pass the savings on to you (although I'm eyeing a few things with Bloomingdale's Friends and Family...ugh!)

·         AT Loft: 50% off all full-priced dresses
·         Banana Republic:
o   Save 25% on full-priced items today online w/code: BRGIFT (plus get another 10% back when you purchase via ebates.com)
o   After 5pm store event on Thursday, 11/10:

·         Bloomingdales: Friends and Family going on this week (through 11/13). Use code HAPPY online to save 20%; plus every order gets free shipping with code: FREESHIP11 (plus get 6% back when you shop via ebates.com)
·         J. Crew: Through 11/9, take 25% off and free shipping on orders of $150+; use code STAYWARM (get 8% back when you shop via ebates.com)
·         Macys: Extra 20% w/code SAVEBIG ends Tuesday (11/8)
·         Old Navy: Friends and Family Event is wrapping up tomrw (11/8): Get 30% off in stores and online.  Online use code: ONFRIENDS; in store print this coupon
·         Petco: Pre-cyber Monday sale today
·         Piperlime: Turns 5 tomorrow and there’s a special treat; if you don’t already get their emails, sign up today!  (Here’s a link I’m hoping works from an email I received saying to invite friends)
o   Also; here’s a link to their sweaters under $100; there’s some cute ones!
·         Shutterfly:
o   One-time use: $10 off a $30+ order w/code: JC87-9ZUY-05RG-GJJND2 (expires today, 11/7)
o   40% off photobooks w/code PBEXTRA (expires 11/9)
·         Snapfish: 40% off Home Décor sale w/code DECOR40 through 11/13 (plus get back another 20% when you purchase via ebates.com)
·         Ulta: $3.50 off a $10 purchase coupon (good through Sat, 11/12)
·         Walgreens: Through 11/12
o   40% off photobooks, calendars and gifts w/code: GIFTFORTY
o   Buy 2 sets, get 1 free of photo cards
§  For 4x8 cards use code: CARDS4X8
§  For 5x7 cards use code: CARDS5x7
·         Zazzle.com: Today (11/8) only:  $5 off custom apparel with code: VETERANSALE1 (plus get back 10% when you purchase via ebates.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips