Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday's OOTD

Last Friday after work I stopped in Loft for the Friends and Family sale.  I have to say, I was pretty unimpressed...but I've been in a weird anti-shopping mood recently anyways, so I'm not surprised I didn't like much.  I ended up getting just a belt, long-sleeved tee, and a dress (staying within my shopping budget, yay!)

This is the dress.  I do like it, but I'm not sure I'm sold on it yet.  I need to try it on with something under (I'm thinking long sleeved brown tee), tights and boots.  If I can pull it off for business casual at work I'll keep it, but otherwise, I should probably return it. Ewwww and I kind of think it looks terrible on this model, so we'll have to see how I like once I have everything put together. The pic is super small, so here's a link to the dress.  It's funny that it says it's an online exclusive because this is definitely the dress I bought in the store.



I also couldn't say no to this skinny belt.  It's kind of like a black suede on the sides and a metallic charcoal in the front.  Plus, it was originally $29.50 and was on sale, plus another 40% off, so it ended up being $9. Nice snag.  I've been experimenting tucking tops into my pants and I think this is a funny little belt for that:


And last, I'm wearing my new shirt today.  I sorta kinda have an obsession with stripes; especially black or navy (these are black):

Top: AT Loft (current in store, although I can't find a link online)
Skirt: Gap (Spring '11)
Shoes: Tory Burch Reva's
Necklace: Pitaya 



I got the necklace at this trendy little store called Pitaya when I visted my friend in Indianapolis.  It was cheap (maybe $20); but the gold hasn't tarnished and I love it with my gold knot earrings. Funnily enough, when I starting seeing a new dermatologist in Bucktown neighborhood, leaving the appointment, I realized that there's a Pitaya a few stores down!  It's kind of like a mix for Forever21 and Francesca's Collections.  Fairly cheap and trendy, but cute stuff.



I'm typically not one for earring and necklace combos and I have a hard time wearing another other than a stud with a necklace (sometimes it just seems like too much), so I love how the necklace is a subtle match to the earrings without being too much to wear both together.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I have been *obsessed* with finding a cute striped shirt!!! LOVE yours! And love the earrings.

    :)
    Yasi @ Hello, Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips