Friday, December 23, 2011

Gram's Spritz Cookies

Good morning! This will be my last post before Christmas, so I want to wish you all a wonderful, fun, and happy Christmas with family and friends. 

Earlier this week I posted about the Christmas Cookie Exchange we had at work and I wanted to share the recipe of my grandma's spritz cookies.  Usually she makes them usually a little Christmas tree cookie press.  Since I don't have one, I just scooped out with my small cookie scoop and slightly flattened the cookies before baking.  These are super simple and the perfect cookie.  Fluffy, chewy and just the perfect amount of sweetness. Enjoy.

Gram's Spritz Cookies




Ingredients:
  • 1 cup soft butter (2 sticks)
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 cups AP flour, sifted
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • dash of salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • Optional: green food coloring and sprinkles
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375F
  • Cream together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla
  • Add baking powder, soda, and salt
  • Mix in 3 cups flour; continue adding flour until dough is no longer sticky (you may not need the entire 4.5 cups; I used about 4).  To mix in flour, it works best to knead in my hand.  The dough should not be sticky
  • Add food coloring; knead in by hand
  • Bake for approximately 6 minutes (until bottom edges turn tan)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips