Monday, December 12, 2011

Productive Wknd (+deals)

Hi all.  I hope you had a great weekend.  Mine wasn’t the most relaxing, but it was productive!  We have our annual Lights and Librations holiday trolley this weekend and since the following weekend is already Christmas, I had (and still have) a lot on my To-Do List.

Friday night we went to the neighborhood pub, Southport Lanes, for dinner.  It used to just be okay, but now they’ve revamped their menu and beer list.  They now have over 30 craft beers on tap; so to Ben it’s like Heaven (and I’m enjoying trying the new brews too) just down the street.  Then we headed over to some friends apartment to just hang out.

Saturday, after going to the gym (yes!), I did some light cleaning and finished putting up holiday décor around the apartment.  I also finished ordering some online gifts and did some gift wrapping.  I LOVE to wrap presents and always have.  When I was in 4th grade, I was quite the entrepreneur and had a gift wrapping “business” for my neighborhood (I think I made about $20 bucks. Lol). I also did a number of errands, which included some returns. I wanted to be sure to do those before Christmas and the hectic post-Christmas return lines.  Ben was at a beer fest downtown, so just as I had planned, I made myself tuna casserole (Ben HATES tuna) for dinner.  Then I enjoyed some wine and watched The Holiday by the light of the Christmas Tree.  That was probably the most relaxing part of my evening.

Yesterday it was more gift wrapping, outdoor decorating, and some baking. Thankfully it was “warm” yesterday (in the 40’s), so I took Oscar outside with my and we put ribbon and lights up along our front fence.  I also revamped a wreath I’d had since junior year of college (so 5 yrs old?) by tearing off the old bow and trinkets and hot gluing on ornaments and a new bow.  It took me a solid one and a half/two hours to coordinate which strand of lights to use where (because unfortunately, our only outlet is in the back of the house, and I refused to spend more money on lights or extension cords so I had to make do with combining some white lights and colored lights on the side of my house.  Something I usually hate.)  So, imagine my frustration when it gets dark and I turn on the lights only to see that somehow  a portion of the front fence lights burnt out. Oh booger!  I’m just going to let it be and try not to care.

I’m doing a Secret Santa exchange with some friends and gifs are supposed to be sent by the 15th.  I made it my goal to bake yesterday and ship today.  However, I pushed myself a little bit too much and in an effort to try to save time, I put all of my snickerdoodle dough on one sheet.  I should have used two sheets, but didn’t and here is the result:


But, I must say, after I broke them apart, they were salvageable and quite tasty!


·    BR/Gap/Old Navy: 30% off online through 12/13 with code HOLIDAY
·    Coach Factory: Nylon hobo is now $119; plus use the additional 30% off coupon through Dec. 18th, to take the hobo down to $83


·    Ebates.com is offering tons of cash back bonuses for “Cyber Monday 2”, including:
o   Barnes and Noble: 10% back
o   Magazines.com: 52% back <dangit, I ordered a magazine subscription for my mom from there on Friday for 26% back.  I would have gotten another $8 back!)
o   Sears: 10% back
o   Sephora: 10% back
·    Macys: Take an extra 20% off with code EXTRA ends today
·    Michaels: Today only (as part of their in store daily deal), all American Greetings Holiday Cards are 70% off; plus here are the coupons for this week; including 50% off valid today


·    Old Navy: Mon and Tues in stores only: Frost free vests for the family are $12 each and frost free jackets are $20
·    Picaboo: Reminder: The buy one, get one free sale for calendars and classic photobooks ends Tues. Use code BEHAPPY
·    Piperlime: Today only, 25% off boots with code BOOTUP
·    Snapfish: 40% off entire site through 12/13 with code HOLLY40 (plus 20% back via ebates.com)
·    Victoria’s Secret: Free shipping on any order through 12/14 with code VSFREE, free fragrance gift set with sleepwear purchase online, use code PERFUME (and don’t forget to redeem your Secret Rewards)
·    Walgreens: Through 12/17: 50% off all print with code ALL50 and 25% off photo gifts with code: GIFT4ALL (dangit, I ordered prints last night and hadn’t checked my email yet! Boo)
·    West Elm: 30% off parsons desk, 20% off frames and today only: 20% off candles and holders
·    World Market: Today only, 50% off gingerbread & chocolate houses and select baking mixes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips