When I got to the store, I needed two cans of crescents, which were $2.79 each...and then I noticed biscuits were on sale for $1.50; so I opted for the biscuits. I was also pleasantly surprised when I went to make this, that I really only needed one can. Ben was pleasantly surprised that I made something new for breakfast. Win-win.
Simple Sausage Casserole
- 1 can of 10 biscuits (premade dough) (*or a can of cresent rolls)
- 1 lb mild pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz plain Greek yogurt (or cream cheese)
- 4 or 5 eggs (depending how eggy you want it)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Open your biscuits and spread across bottom of a greased/oiled/butter 8"x10" pan one by one. Press the dough together so there are no gaps
- Bake your dough for half of the time called for on its directions
- While the dough is baking, in a medium skillet, cook sausage until pink is gone; drain and rinse.
- In the skillet; melt Greek yogurt. Once melted; mix in sausage and red pepper flakes.
- Spread sausage across your biscuit dough
- In a medium bowl, scramble eggs and mix in milk
- Pour eggs/milk mixture over sausage
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
Yummy! Although I have to admit this is much less healthy than our usual turkey bacon on wheat toast with egg whites...that must be why it takes so good!