Friday, February 17, 2012

Review: Lowe-Pro Passport Sling

Remember how I was so excited for this camera bag?

It turns out, I hate it!  I debated on it for a while; in the end I decided that it's too big and bulky. Even without opening the extra zipper to expand the bag, it's big, but it somehow still doesn't have a lot of space to carry extra items besides your camera and a lens.






I tried to get some interior shots.  In the below pic, the camera fits in the largests portion to the right.  I have the small Canon Rebel T3 and a 55-80mm lens on there and it's a MAJOR squeeze to try to fit it in this lightly cubby.  Like sometimes I need to use two hands to pull it out.

If you look to the left on the bottom of the picture, there are two small gray flaps that are velro pouched for storing items, otherwise's there really is not additional pockets or storage on the inside of the bag.


The exterior of the bag has three pouch/pockets (one on each side and one in the middle); but these are exposed/not-sealed.  You could easily get some of that sticky-backed velro to seal this, but still it's obviously not all that secure.

 Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in the bag; this why it's being returned.


2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 30, 2012

    Thats the wrong way to carry that bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks anonymous; I suppose it would have made more sense to have the small pockets in forward but I was primarly trying to demonstrate its size.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips