Friday, March 16, 2012

Purchases have Arrived!

...and while I'm excited, regrettable (or maybe thankfully for my wallet), not everything worked out.

I ordered this chambray dress from Landsend Canvas for $30.  It's cute, but something is just off about it.  Plus it's just a smidge tight in the chest.  I think it's going to be returned.




It's a better fit with a belt; but someone pointed out to me that the pockets are high on the chest and looking at these pics, I definitely agree!




 And now for my Old Navy stuff.  It took eleven days to get there, but I think it was worth the wait!!

I'm really digging the sailboat blouse and love that I have a nice necklace to go with it already:



 I got this shirt in navy/cream striped too.  The yellow coloring is just slightly highlighter, which is what I was hoping for to fit in the current neon trend:


Even though I'm returning the chambray dress, I'm joining the club with this shirt.  I'm glad I read the reviews and sized up for the medium; a small definitely would have been too tight in the bust. 



I can't wait to mess around with styling this!



This dress I was so excited for...now I'm so torn on it.  It looks frumpy but I love the pattern.  I'm going to have to try belting this and see if it helps.  I'm glad the I got the medium for the length, although I think it's still going to be too short to wear for work.



Boo; this maxi (same dress in all pics below, the coloring is just wonky), is going maxi.  It does nothing for me and it'd be hard to style with a cardi or blazer to make it work appropriate.



And there ya have it; my recent purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips