Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Good morning! Yesterday’s jet-lag was worse than our arrival in Amsterdam.  I felt completely out of it all day….it was a mix of sleepiness and the jittery feeling I get if I drink too much coffee without having had any food first.  I opted for no exercising after work, which was a wise choice.  I unpacked my suitcase, did some laundry and snuggled up with Oscar on the couch.

I don’t think I mentioned it before I left, but I’ve been watching ABC’s GCB and the show is a hoot. 


It’s (obviously) mindless TV, but sometimes it’s nice to just have those stupid girly shows to watch. 

For anyone who hasn’t heard of it, it stands for Good Christian Bitches (at least it did originally but I read an article that ABC now says it stands for Good Christian Belles). It's based on a book and is a based in Dallas, TX about catty women who are “saints” but act like anything but.  Lucky for this DVR-less lady (me), it’s On Demand, so I have been able to watch it at my leisure on the tele (like that English word? :O)

While we were gone, big things happened on our street…Athleta and our Noodles opened (and a Lululemon is under construction). Since neither Ben nor I felt like going to the grocery store, Oscar and I walked up to Noodles to meet Ben getting off the of the train and got some to go. 

I went to school in Wisconsin (my understanding of where Noodles originated, even though one of the originators is from my hometown area) and I have to say that those early years, I was not impressed with Noodles at all.  As I started babysitting and the kids got old enough to be verbally picky about what they ate, we ended up getting Noodles a lot for quick lunches and now I’m obsessed. So, imagine my joy when I found out that this Noodles takes call ahead orders and delivers for free.  Whoowhee, this could get bad!

(I really like it because there are a variety of dishes I like there, depending on my mood: mac and cheese, Japenese pan noodles, butter noodles, pesto cavatappi, etc.)

We ordered regular sized dishes so that we could have leftovers for lunch today.  I grabbed my leftovers from the fridge (Ben had already left with his) and when I  got to work and put it in the fridge, I realized Ben took my leftovers and I have his mac and cheese.  I’m anxious to see if he’ll insist on us meeting for lunch to switch, or if he’ll grow-up and eat my pan noodles and just pick around the broccoli. Ha!

Anyways, here are some deals for today:

·         Banana Republic: Online, ends today, take 35% off full-priced items with code BRTAX35

·         Banana Republic Outlet/Gap Outlet: This Fri (4/20) and Sat (4/21): take an additional 30% off your purchase with this coupon if you have a Gap/BR or ON card

·         Gap: 25% off online only today and tomrw (4/18) with code GAPSAVE

·         MLB.com: 25% off select t-shirts for the family through 4/19

·         Piperlime: Last day for 20% off website with code TWENTY (and get 5% back via ebates.com)

·         Redbox: Reserve a movie or game online and receive a free rental for your next online reservation

·         Shutterfly: One-time use code for 50% off photobooks, ends tmrw (4/18): 9KXY-D4K0-8NHT-7AEE0S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips