Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Foster Update + deals


Happy Hump Day!



Having a foster/second dog in our home has moved around my schedule a bit. In the morning each is fed and walked separately, with Oscar going first.  When I get home from work, Oscar gets his walk and then Knucks.  Where I used to be home and done with walks around 5-ish, now it's more like 5:30, which means workout dinner, dinner, etc are all pushed back a bit.

The dogs still haven’t been fully integrated, but we’re done joint walks together (with Ben having one and I have the other).  Oscar is still unsure what to make of all of this, but as time goes on and also once they get to be around each other in the apartment, I think things will get better.  The training guide says it’s all completely natural for him to act jealous.  Yesterday morning Oscar made my walk our usual morning route twice!! I’m assuming it’s because he wanted to be sure he had my attention.



Knucklehead cried during bed the first two nights.  Last night was our third night and he was much better.  I would be sad too if everyone, including Oscar, slept in the master room and I was alone in the guest bed! Otherwise, he is good about our schedule and hasn’t had any accidents.  He just gets so excited to be around people all he does is follow you when it’s his turn to be out in the living space.  The funniest is when it’s time for food.  He scrambles all over, wiggles and jumps while I’m pouring the food.  As soon as I set it down, he sprints for it! 


He really seems like a great and well-trained dog.  He’ll be going to the vet this weekend, for the first time in five years, and staying there through Monday while we have the Derby de Mayo party. 

Speaking of, here's our update on the Facebook invite:  (I wish we would have had time to do "real" paper invites, but with our trip, the timing just didn't work out)



To prep for the party, last night I went to the store last night to pick up groceries and lucked out on margarita ingredients!  Jose Cuervo tequila had a coupon that if you bought 750ml or larger tequila, you could get a mixer/flavorer for $6 off.  The flavor was on sale for $6.99, so in the end I paid $29.99 for a large bottle of tequila AND the mixer.  A lot better deal than when I looked at tequila at Walmart in the QC and it was $30 for the one.



Anyways, here are today’s deals:

      ·         BCBG Maxazria: Up to 80% off via 6pm.com

·         Francesca’s: Buy one piece of jewelry get the second 50% off in store and online

·         Gap:  25% off online only through 5/3 with code GAPTICTOK

·         Piperlime: Last day for 20% off summer sandals with code SUMMER

·         West Elm: New markdowns; up to 70% off


Local Deals:

·         Half off Dream Girls Chicago performance via local Amazon deals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips