Thursday, June 14, 2012

6/13's Purple OOTD

In the summer I usually because a skirt and dress kinda gal.  They're so much more comfortable and for the hot midwest, a lot cooler than pants for work.  With J Crew's sales, I've now added three colored pencil skirts into my wardrobe.  I wore the warm jade last week (although I did pay $59.99 for this, can you tell I'm still bitter?) and yesterday I wore the purple. 

I actually started off leaving the house in the neon pink; until I had a slight mishap and ripped the back at the slit by trying to climb over a small fence during my walking commute to the train (that's what I get for trying to get a shortcut, dammit).  It's on the seam, so I'm hoping that my mom or Grandma can fix it when I go home for a visit this weekend.  Lucky for me, I had the purple skirt to run home and switch into (and then I took the long way and avoided that damn fence!)

Blouse: AT Loft (Spring '12, sold out online)
Knit Cardigan: J Crew (Fall '11)
Skirt: J Crew's No. 2 Pencil Double-Serge Cotton (color: marrekeck purple; sale colors no longer online! In store this is currently $39.99 with an extra 30% off taking it down to $27.99!)
Shoes: Tory Burch Revas
Necklace: H&M (old)




Close up of the necklace; one of my fav. easy go-to pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips