Thursday, July 26, 2012

Another Weekend Recap

Considering that today is my Friday (yay summer hours!), I realized I still owe a recap from last weekend, so here you are.


Friday, 7/20:

As I'd planned, I got home from work and went did my 8-mile run for my half marathon training.  I'm being 100% honest when I say this is the best run I've had in a long time.  The weather was upper 70s, sunny and 50% humidity, which was pure bliss compared to weather earlier in the week.  I only stopped three times; twice due to traffic lights and once at mile 6 for some water, but otherwise I was on a roll.

Of course, this meant that by 7pm, I hadn't ate, hadn't showered and was exhausted...so we grilled and had a lazy night around the apartment.


Saturday, 7/21:
I "slept in" until 8:00am (gosh, I'm an adult now).  I made us breakfast and then scrambled over to M2 Boutique, where everything was 40% (even sale items) from 9-11am.  I'd originally planned on going with a friend, but she was hungover and I advised against her coming to meet me.  It was too hectic.  But...about 40 minutes later I emerged with 3 necklaces and 3 pairs of earrings for $82.  Not too shabby.  I wore one necklace yesterday, but I'll have to post pics of the rest of my haul!

We committed to volunteering at Roscoe Village's Burgerfest for Chicago English Bulldog Rescue for the day; so we headed over there once I got back from M2.  It was sunny and hot (I got a bit of a tan line from my dress); so hot that we couldn't really have bulldogs on site (which is a bummer because "bully tips" are a huge fundraiser at events like these), but one little fellow came out in the heat.  Meet Leo, an adopted rescue:

Leo

CEBR's tent sign.  It always gets a couple laughs.


By the time our volunteering shift was up, we were so hot and so tired that we decided against getting burgers at Burgerfest.  We decided Mexican sounded good, so we headed to El Jardin in Wrigleyville.  Delicious. (Buyer beware, their margaritas are strong!)




Following our late lunch/early dinner, we decided to stop by our local Binny's Beverage Depot for some brew and were delighted to find out that their sour beers were on sale.  Note: sour beers are intentionally brewed to be sour.  (I told one of my girlfriend's we'd just gotten home from buying sour beer and her response was: "Gross, are you going to try to return them?"). Btw, currently my favorite sour is Petrus Aged Ale.



Saturday night we'd intended to go back to Burgerfest to see Rusted Root play; but by the time we got home from our busy day and sat on the couch, we decided we were both exhausted and were fine to just take it easy.

But...that didn't stop us for going for a little walk to get some dessert.  Scooter's is a neighborhood custard shop that always has hoards of people in or around it.  Although my heart truly belongs to ice cream; I can't resist Scooter's Turtle Sundaes (how could anyone resister hot fudge, caramel, and pecans??). 



As you can see in the picture above, Oscar has a reason to love Scooters too; free doggy cones! 




Oh the anticipation!
Going for the gold
Sunday, 7/22:

Sunday we had yet another event planned; AS Roma (Italian) vs Zaglebie Lubin (Polish) soccer game at Wrigleyfield!  We got 6th row tickets via the neighborhood presale and had awesome seats (besides the stupid batting net). It was a AS Roma blow-out (4-0); which was who we were routing for (since SIL/BIL went to a game in Italy last summer and brought Ben back a jersey, lol).





I don't think my strawberry marg had much
alcohol in it; but it was damn refreshing!

It also happened to be the celebration day for Ron Santo's Hall of Fame induction.



Lastly, it wouldn't be Sunday night without pizza night.  We called in Dimo's Pizza for a half mac and cheese/half chicken bacon ranch carryout. Yum!




As you can tell, Ben just couldn't wait to dig in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips