Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rainy Day Blues (+deals)

Something has got to change. In the past 12 days, I’ve been got in three flash monsoon type storms.  What is it about me?!
Yesterday it was a hot 97 degrees here and it was forecasted for a chance of storms overnight.  We never got them but this morning when I took Oscar out for our walk around 6, it felt like it was going to rain.  Sure enough, once I was instead I heard the rain start.

I grabbed my umbrella and told Ben, still half sleeping in bed, that I thought it was going to rain, and rain it did.  My walk to the train station is about five blocks.  The first two blocks it was definitely raining, but nothing miserable.  By the time I hit block 4, I couldn’t even see where I was going.  Cars were pulled over on the side of the road and there wasn’t another pedestrian in sight.  When I reached the train station, I was literally sopping. My hair was soaked (I’m glad I wore it wavy today), mascara running down my cheeks, wringing out my dress typed, sopping. 

This is a terrible picture, post attempted to wipe my mascara off my cheeks with a papertowel; but it illustrates how wet (and flat) my hair got:

PS- I hope my face doesn't look like so much of a balloon in person...
It's the flat hair, riiight? :o/



I’m now sitting in front of my colleague’s fan trying to dry myself.  Whatever happened to hand driers in bathrooms?! Grr!


Today's Deals and Steals:
·         Anthropologie: Free shipping on $100+ orders through 7/31

·         Banana Republic: Online and today only: 30% off purchase with code BRTREAT

·         Nike: 20% off select apparel at Sports Authority

·         Piperlime: Last day for 20% off sitewide with code ME (get 2% back via ebates.com)

·         Puma: Extra 20% off semi-annual sale prices with code EXTRA through 7/25

·         Shutterfly: 50% off hard cover photobooks ends tomrw; use code BOOK50

·         Snapfish: 40% off invites, posters and more through 7/26 with code SUMMERFUN12 (get 10% back via ebates.com)

·         Victoria’s Secret: Free shipping on $25+ orders with code FREE25 ends today

·         Zazzle: 15% off all products with code COUNTRYPRIDE  (10% back via ebates.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips