Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Feeling Free and Fedora-y OOTD

After our nail fiasco on Saturday and not being able to find a salon with openings Saturday afternoon, we made a 10am appointment at Pinky's for Sunday.

Our original plan was to grab Starbucks, get our nails done and go to lunch...but we ended up opting for pancakes at home and our nail appointment. I think of a mani/pedi as a time to relax, but not in Chicago. Unless you have an appointment, it can be very stressful trying to find a place to find you in on the weekend.

After nails my sis hit the road and I was able to make it to my book club.  We read Home by Toni Morrison

 None of us were stunned by the book and half of us were barely intrigued by it.  It was a downer and I really wouldn't recommend it. (It's about a black veteran's return home after the Korean war). The chapters skip from character to character, but there's not enough development to fully remember who each character is (I had to flip back in the book on a few occasions to remember who was being talked about).

Now for my carefree and comfy Sunday outfit!

Tank - H&M (old; find similar here)
Skirt - Mossimo (Target; here; I wear a Medium)
Fedora - H&M

Manicure - Essie's Movers and Shakers
Bangle - India (2007)
Necklace - H&M (old)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips