Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Card 2012

Last year I decided to start adding in a tiny recap of our year on our holiday card.  As the years pass and families change, it feels like we see less and less of our extended family, which is sad. One of the best ways to keep them informed of our life seemed to be this addition to our holiday card.

This year was a big year, which upped the ante for the cards.  Thankfully, Vistaprint allows for double-sided cards.  Also like last year, I designed our holiday cards in Powerpoint (set up the slide size for four times larger than the oversized postcard specification measurements found on Vistaprint for better resolution), saved the Powerpoint as a .jpeg file and uploaded to Vistaprint.  My cheapest option was to purchase a Groupon, $17 for $70 at Vistaprint, which automatically gives 30% off retail prices (if you're not familiar with VP, the prices flux depending on which link/email you use to open the site).  In the end, after shipping, I paid $30 for: 100 double-sided/color-printed oversized postcards with envelopes, 100 return address labels and 25 adorable personalized gift tags (which happen to look great on our red with white polka dot wrapping paper:
However, the big appeal of this post is supposed to be the holiday card itself, so without further ado

 


Happy holidays to you and yours from me and mine!



4 comments:

  1. LOVE the card! Anything with bullies always tugs at my heart strings :)

    Btw... are you aware that you're a "no reply" blogger? It makes me sad I can't respond to your comments on my blog via email :(

    How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Thank you for posting this! I had no idea and I had been wondering how to update the Mrs HaHa name! Figured both out thanks to your help Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips