A few weekends ago I posted about briefly about making no-yeast cinnamon rolls. They were so good that the following weekend, Ben asked me to make them again. This time I documented with the hopes of inspiring you to try this delicious recipe.
I made a few tweaks to the original recipe and use a completely different basis for my frosting. The
Just in time for Easter.
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
(Makes approximately 20 rolls)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup milk*
- 2 Tbsp distilled white vinegar*
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp melted butter (dough)**
- 1 Tbsp melted butter (set aside)
**Update: I've gotten some feedback that the dough is too sticky to work with. Make sure you are using REAL butter (I use unsalted) and not margarine or a substitute spread.
|(not pictured is butter; also needed!)|
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) of softened butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In a small bowl, stir together milk and vinegar. Set aside
|Milk will curdle after you add vinegar and let sit.|
This is exactly what you want.
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Once mixed together, stir in butter using a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set the dry mixture aside
- Whisk melted butter (4 Tbps) into the milk mixture
- Pour the liquid mixture into the center of the dry mixture and stir gently; until just combined
- Knead the dough gently and divide into two
- Take each portion of dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface (I like to put a few Tbsp of flour onto a cookie sheet). Roll to approximately 8"x12"
- Take half of your filling mixture and sprinkle on to dough
- Roll tightly into a "log" and then cut into ~3/4" thick slices
- Place slices in a pre-greased 11"x8" pan
- Repeat the above steps with the other portion of dough
- Brush rolls with remaining 1 Tbsp of melted butter
- Bake for ~15 minutes or until golden brown on top
Make the frosting while the rolls are baking:
- Combine powdered sugar, softened butter and milk in bowl
- Use hand mix on medium speed for approximately two minutes or until frosting is cohesive and fluffy
- Spread on rolls once they are out of the oven