The first: Native Foods. It's a fast food restaurant of sorts. You order your food and within a matter of minutes it's freshly prepared; but unlike other typical lunch options, it's an all vegan.
When I ordered they asked if it was my first time, to which I replied yes. I was then offered a free drink and my response was "oh, I'm okay with water. I don't drink pop" DER! Really Hannah?! I kicked myself when she said that don't serve soft drinks but have a few fresh made juices.
I was skeptical about the food itself. I didn't want to order anything "fake" (fake meat or cheese in my mind), so I ordered the azteca salad, with avocado, jicama and cucumber salsa atop quinoa, romaine and mango lime vinaigrette; topped with currants, toasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro. It was really surprisingly delicious, filling and flavorful.
spinach salads in the summer, which is so soft in comparison!
Do you eat kale? What are some of your favorite recipes?
Today's deals and steals:
- BR/Gap/ON/: 30% off today with code FALLFIX online (2% back via ebates.com)
- J Crew: Last day for extra 30% off final sale items with code SHOP30 (3% back via ebates.com)
- Macy's: Extra 30% off with code LUCKYU (3% back via ebates.com)
- Modcloth: Up to 70% off sale
- Neiman Marcus: 8% back via ebates.com today
- Nike: Last day for extra 20% off sale items with code XTRAIN (6% back via ebates.com)
- philosophy: 25% off all orders with code beauty25 through 8/22 (3% back via ebates.com)
- Piperlime: 10% off for cardholders with code TUESDAYS (2% back via ebates.com)
- Victoria's Secret: $15 reward gift card with purchase of two bras; online use code BS2BRAS (3% back via ebates.com)
- West Elm: Extra 30% off rugs with code XTRARUGS through 8/26