Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Crockpot Asian Wings

How many of us our guilty of pinning countless DIYs, recipes, and exercise moves from Pinterest never to put them to use? I found this recipe via a link-up back in September, pinned it, and forgot. After recently realizing I had over 300 repins, I decided it was time to put the recipe in to action. It's simple but delicious. The sauce is a bit spicy but savory.
 
Ingredients:
(Serves 2-3)
  • Chicken wings (I used 5; we had enough sauce to cover up to 8)
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 2Tbsp rice vinegar
  • 4 tsp sriracha sauce
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 2 Tbsp cold water
  • 2 tsp corn starch
 
Directions:
  • Start off by creating your sauce. Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, brown sugar, pepper flakes, and minced garlic in your slow cooker. Stir together.
 
  • Place chicken wings in crockpot and use a spoon to ladle sauce over wings.
  • Note: I peeled the skin off my wings (which was disgusting), because I knew it'd be a healthier option. Leaving the skin on will help the meat stay together easier, but I had no issues with meat filling off. I carefully used tongs when moving meat.
 
  • Cook on low for approximately six hours.
 
Now that the chicken is cooked, the next step is to thicken the sauce.
  • Carefully pour sauce into a medium sized frying pan (leaving chicken in slow cooker) over medium heat.
  • In a small bowl, stir corn starch into water.
  • Slowly stir into sauce and let cook approximately 7 minutes or until thickened
 
  • Pour sauce back over top wings
 
  • Add sliced green onion if desired and enjoy!
 
Next time we're doing to try make it for chicken breast instead of wings.

2 comments:

  1. The skin on wings really grosses me out, so good call. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm hellllllooooo this sounds amazing! I'm with you, chicken skin FREAKS me out, but I also cannot eat chicken off the bone. Our weird anatomy teacher made us dissect a chicken wing once, and I've been scarred ever since lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips