Monday, September 19, 2011

Deals and Steals - 9/19

Good morning!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend.  Mine was good!  Friday I worked on H's anniversary gift, Saturday I went on a run (although shorter than I had scheduled, whoops) and then went out to the 'burb's for a bachelorette party, which was a blast.  Yesterday leaving the party I ended up going to Ikea.  You know a party the night before was good when a girl like me walks out of Ikea only having spent $5 on a picture frame.  Since it was a drizzly day here, I plopped on the couch to watch the Bears game and watched the first quarter.  Next thing I know, it's 3 and I've had a splendid little nap (which I rarely ever do).  We opted for our all-time favorite local pizza for dinner, Art of Pizza, watched King's Speech and called it a night. Art is waaaay better than Gino's East and Lou Malnati's (neither of which we really like) and even better than our 2nd fav deep-dish, Giordano's.  The good bad thing is that they are right down the street and sell pizza by the slice.  It's often our go-to last minute dinner if we have nothing planned.

We also went to the grocery store, and I'm pretty excited for this week's menu.  We have our last set of tickets for this season for the Cubs tonight, so it'll be a quick dinner.  But later in the week we're having:
  • Asiago sauce chicken pasta (w/broccoli for me)
  • Potato crockpot soup (which H swears he won't like, but I know he will)
  • Chicken (w/black bean for me) Enchiladas
H is a picky eater (read-no veggies) so I have to choose my entrees wisely with things that I can easily add veggies in for me/remove for him)

Here are the few sales I know of going on that seem worthy to share:
·     Gap: 30% off online only through Thurs (9/22) with code: GAPWOW
·     J. Crew: 30% off select women’s sweaters and free shipping, online only, ends Wed (prices as marked)
·     Michaels: Store coupons valid through Sat (9/24)
·     Pottery Barn: One-time use and online only, valid through 9/25, 10% off order (including sale items) with code: 9793-FQD4-QZW6
·     Walgreens: Through Sat (9/24) take 40% off all prints (code: FORTYOFF) and 40% off photo books (code: BOOKS40)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips