Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Friday! (+deals)

Good morning; sorry I didn’t get around to posting deals yesterday, work has been rather hectic!  It’s so funny because in a matter of an hour, I can go from having very little to do, to having my plate full of enough work to keep me going for weeks at a time.  Right now the projects I’m working on are not only with my boss (head of Mechanical group), but also my boss’s boss (head of Mechanical and Electrical department), so the pressure is on!  But it’s also nice to get recognition that I can work at this level with them.  I received an email this morning requesting my attendance at a client fundraiser next week.  Quite honestly, I’m a bit nervous.  Because I’m so young and also a female in the field; I feel like I really have a lot to “prove” while networking with clients.  However, even being asked to attend is a good sign, since there were only nine people asked to go, out of 110+ in our office.  Three of the nine being our company’s CEO, HR head, and my boss’s boss. Eeek!  I need to figure out what to wear.

My sister says I’m a complainer, so I hope you don’t mind me posting about my ear infections (again), but seriously…I’ve been on medication and drops for 3 days now and my ear still feels like it’s stuffed full of cotton balls.  There’s been no drainage and I have muffled hearing out of it.  I attempted to call the CVS Minute Clinic last night (they called during the day to follow up and ask how I was feeling), and I found out they were closed.  Really?? People do get sick/have medical questions outside of 8a-6p EST people!

And since I feel like crap because of this stupid ear; I plan on having a lame but productive weekend.  Tonight one of our friends is hosting a Halloween trolley, but being half-balanced on a drunken trolley really doesn’t sound that great.  MIL is in town, so we’re going out to dinner with her (to one of my fav Italian places in the city, Piazza Bella in Roscoe Village).  Ben may go on the trolley, he’s still undecided, but that really doesn’t bother me.  Sometimes I like having the apartment to myself. Oscar and I snuggle up and watch a chick-flick or reality shows like Rachel Zoe and Real Housewives.  Plus, I have got to clean up our apartment.  It’s utterly disgusting.  I haven’t even finished unpacking from our camping trip two weeks ago.  And I’m really not kidding myself anymore that by keeping my sundresses in my closest I’m going to have the chance to wear them again anytime soon.  My closet is overflowing and I need to put away my summer clothes/shoes and get out some winter gear.  So yup, that’s my exciting weekend plans.

Updated: Ben just emailed to say that he thinks going on a trolley isn't worth missing the 7th game of the World Series, especially after last night's game was so good; so much for guilty-pleasure tv!  Although I totally forgot about the game.  Plus, we host a holiday trolley in December (we're on our third year of our "Lights and Libations" trolley), so it's not like we won't have a trolley opportunity in the near future

Enough complaining, here are some sales and deals:
·     AT Loft: 40% off everything in stores and online w/code: SHOP40
·     Caribou Coffee: On Monday (10/31); Caribou will offer, buy one, get one free on all coffee drinks


·     Coach Factory: Additional 30% coupon for factory stores, through 10/30
·    Francesca’s: Extra 40% off all sale items through 10/31 (no code needed; discount taken at checkout)
·    J Crew Factory: 30% of all sweaters; prices marked

Here’s an adorable top (don’t you just love sequins?)

·    Michael’s: Coupons for 50% off one item on 10/29  and 60% off custom framing 10/28 and 10/29
·    Nike.com: Extra 25% off clearance items w/code: SPRINT
·    Petco.com: Free shipping on orders over $49; 15% off entire site (through 10/31)
·    Piperlime: Extra 15% off already reduced dresses through 10/29 w/code: DRESS
·    Shabby Apple: 10% off and free shipping on their ’65 Collection w/code: SIXTY through 11/1
·    Shutterfly: Halloween sale through 11/3
·    Snapfish: 65% off 11”x16” calendars  w/code: CALENDAR65 and 40% of all other calendars w/code: CALENDAR40 through 11/6 (plus get 20% back when you purchase via ebates.com)
·    Ulta: Reminder: 20% off entire purchase coupon (included “premium” make up brands) expires tomrw (10/29)
·    Zazzle.com: 15% off everything, through 10/31 w/code: SPOOKTACULAR (plus 10% back when you purchase via ebates)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips