Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hump Day (+Deals)

For once I’m actually not happy that it’s already Wednesday; I feel like this week is going to fast!  We leave for FL tomrw after work and I have yet to begin packing.  To save on baggage fees; I’m attempting Ben and I share a suitcase, which would be fine; except that I’m the world’s worst over-packer ever.  So tonight I need to somehow manage to fit both of our clothes for 4 days, as well as a bridesmaid dress (which I adore.  I’ll post pics after the wedding, but it’s really like the best BM dress ever: slate grey, strapless sweetheart neck, knee length and pockets.  Plus it’s the first ever BM dress I’ve ordered in my “real” street size (6).  The other two BM dresses I’ve ordered before were something crazy like size 10 and 12, which was somewhat depressing), any who, I have to fit clothes, BM dress, Ben’s suit, my heels, his dress shoes, etc in one suitcase and 2 carryons.  Hopefully this is do-able.

I’d decided earlier in the week that I’m going to use a Groupon tonight for a mani-pedi at the new nail salon that is pretty much right behind our apartment, score!  I figured I never treated myself to the pedicure my feet so desperately deserve after training for the marathon, why not pamper myself a bit? Although I’m hoping they’ll let me pay to upgrade the manicure to a no-chip so my nails will last through the trip.  At least that’s something to look forward to on this rainy Wednesday.  This morning has not been all that fabulous already.  I was almost hit crossing the street while walking to the train.  I did have the walk signal, but I guess my all-black outfit really didn’t make me that noticeable at 6:45 in the dark morning.  However, I still think the woman was not paying attention.

Speaking of outfits, I’ve decided to try to post some of mine here.  I don’t really consider myself all that fashionable when it comes to my business casual workplace…but I’m hoping that if nothing else, posting my outfits daily when I remember/feel cute, will help me to get inspired.  So here’s my first (I apologize for the pics; these were taken on my phone):

Dress:  Gap ( past season; it's a sweater dress)
Leggings:  Psst! (from TJ Maxx)
Black Leather Boots: Nine West (past season) 


Necklace: Charlotte Russe ($5!); I'd actually bought it to wear for my
boudior pics originally, but I ended up really liking it with this outfit

 So there ya have it; my comfy-cozy, black outfit.

Also, last night we watched Limitless with Bradley Cooper.
 

While he doesn’t look all that great in the beginning of the movie, the movie was definitely interesting and unlike other recent flicks.  My synopsis:  Bradley doesn’t have much going on in his life when he has the opportunity to take this mystery pill/drug.  The pill totally turns him around mentally- it gives him motivation and smarts.  He starts beginning successful but faces some challenges, due to the pill, along the way. 

Ben and I both liked it, however there were some points/events that I feel like the film just glossed over that seemed unrealistic.  Overall, I’d recommend it as a couple’s movie.


There a quite a few decent deals today; especially if you’re looking to fly anytime soon:

·    AirTran: One way flight sale
·     Anthropologie:  25% off bedding through 10/30 (Prices marked; in stores too)
·    British Airways: 96-hr sale on European flights from Chicago (via Travelzoo); ends 10/21
·    Shopbop: 20% off reg and sale items w/code: INTHEFAMILY20
·    Snapfish: 35% off site-wide through 10/25 w/code: MYSTERY (plus get 20% back on your order via ebates.com; thus a $50 order becomes $26 after discount and ebate)
·    Southwest:  Flight sale for flights through mid-Feb; includes $130 r/t from Chicago to Denver!
·    Ulta: Today (10/19) only: free shipping for online orders $25+ w/code: 54321
·    West Elm: Up to 70% off sale; new markdowns
·    Women’s Health Magazine – 2 free trial mags and a subscription for $0.99 an issue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips