Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Banana Bread

As mentioned; last night I decided to do some baking and besides cookies, banana bread is one of my go-to's.  I came across this recipe years ago, literally. After testing other recipes, I've always stuck with it. At any given time, we usually have several browned bananas in our freezer.  It's kind of embarrassing when someone is over and goes to grab ice.  I think all of our close friends now know why there are brown bananas in our fridge (we initially got some weird looks/questions).



Banana Bread



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4-5 overripe bananas (defrosted if needed)



Yum!! (not)


Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • Using wrapper from butter, grease 9"x5" inch loaf pan
  • In a large bowl combine butter and sugar.  Add in eggs and bananas until well combined (I usually use my hand mixer to mix)
  • Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour, baking soda and salt)
  • Add dry ingredients into large bowl.  Stir just enough to mix in.
  • Pour into pan
  • Bake for 50 minutes+. Use toothpick in center to determine when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips