Sunday, January 22, 2012

Another Skillet Dessert

Sometimes it's human nature to be greedy.  Nothing can ever been good enough. After finding a recipe I loved for chocolate chip skillet cookies, I was feeling a bit greedy and wanted another option for skillet desserts, so I came across a brownie in a mug recipe and decided to try it out in a skillet.

Brownie in a Skillet
 
Ingredients:
(This makes one 5" brownie skillet)
  • 1/2 Tbsp butter
  • 1/4 cup AP flour
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 Tbsp water


Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • Over medium heat, melt butter
  • Mix in sugar
  • Mix in flour, cocoa, salt, oil and water until you have a well mixed paste
(The first time I made this I mixed in a bowl
to be sure it'd all fit in my skillet!)

  • Remove from heat and put in oven
  • Bake for ~10 minutes (this will not solidify as much as a "real" brownie; but since they're no eggs, it's okay to eat a bit goopy)
  • Top with ice cream and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips