Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Happy Friday!!...the 13th! Ah! (in case you're superstitious)

I tried the Starbucks blonde this morning; and I’m surprised, but I think I kind of like it!  I got one of the sample packs to take home and brew; so we’ll see what I think after a full cup instead of just a little sample.

Any exciting plans for the weekend? 

It “officially” became winter yesterday with our first real/significant snow fall.  I took Oscar for a walk after work.  I love that chunky monkey all of the time, but especially when it first snows.  He gets soooo excited for snow.  He runs and slides all over the deck before going down into yard.  He literally shoves his face in the snow and eats as much snow as he can and then pops his face up and looks like a little kid covered in bubbles from a bath (except that he’s a dog).  We walked over to Gap to return a blazer I’d ordered online and afterwards he would not stop pulling me so that he could run.  The only bad thing is that he’s constantly ringing his potty bell to go out and play in the snow instead of going potty.

Back to the weekend…tonight we have Ben’s company holiday party downtown.  Dinner at an Italian place (we’ve never tried but have walked by a few times and contemplated) and bowling at Lucky Strike. His office is pretty much the opposite of mine:  small (11ish people?), young, drinkers, etc.  It’s bound to be a good time.  However, I’m a little nervous about their gift exchange.  In the past they’ve done Secret Santa and this year they decided to do a white elephant type exchange; just bring in at $25 gift and there will be an opportunity to steal others, etc.  Well, Ben said that one guy was headed to CVS to buy his (I’m thinking giftcard?) and another was headed to Crate and Barrel…not Ben. 

When we were in Galena and in a cute store called Poopsies, Ben came across a inflatable “floating” remote control shark.  It can “swim” through the air.  He’s been obsessed.  At $45, it was out of the price range for the gifts, but thanks for the internet, Ben found it for $25 via Amazon and ordered it.  It was delivered yesterday and Ben spent the whole night contemplating if he could open it.  He didn’t, but now he’s saying that if he has the opportunity, he wants to get this as his gift. Lord help me.

Saturday, pending hangover, I’m hoping to meet up with my SIL to catch up a bit.  Over the summer we bonded on our long training runs for the marathon.  I also went to the chiropractic office where she works; so I was seeing her at least once a week.  With the new year, I decided to stop going to the chiro (in order to go, I had to pay my $1K deductible and while I did think it was helpful, I’d rather put that money towards Europe/savings!), so I miss seeing her on a regular basis.

Saturday night we have our photog date wine and cheese class, followed by a house-warming party for two of our guy buddies who moved recently.

It’s the first weekend, besides holidays, that we’ve had plans both nights…but of course it’s the first cold (20 degree) weekend too. It should be fun though!

·    AT Loft: 40% off all new arrivals and an extra 50% off all sale items (in stores and online with code SAVENOW)
·    BHLDN (by Anthro; opening a Chicago store soon!!): Take an extra 40% off sale items with code HAPPY2012
·    Bloomingdales: 30-50% off select items sale; plus another 15% off sale items with code BEXTRA
·    Gap:  In stores- take an extra 40% off sale items.
o   I went in last night to do a return and ended up picking up two of their Supersoft Crewneck Ts for $6 each (these are my new fav long sleeve tee after already getting two earlier this year) and a pair of PJ pants I’d wanted but didn’t get at Christmas for just $10!


·    J. Crew Factory: Extra 30% off sale items with code WINTER
·    Pottery Barn: 20% off lighting sale
·    Snapfish: 3 photobooks for the price of one with code JANBOOKS through 1/21 (get 10% back when you shop via ebates.com)
·    Victoria’s Secret:  All clearance/semi-annual sale panties are now $2.99 (through Monday)
·    Walgreens:  60% off all photo prints through tomrw with code PRINTS60
·    World Market: Wine Blowout Sale – up to 50% off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips