Friday, January 27, 2012

Whew; just made it!

So, I've been trying to be more strict on my budget/shopping.  I'm really pretty good about saving money.  I'm really good at restraining myself from buying full priced items...but it's usually the sales that get me.  My savings goal is to save 30% of my take-home check.  Recently, it's been slightly lower, like 25-27%, but that's okay.  As long as I'm making a conscious effort to save!

However, I feel like once I start shopping, I remember how much I like it (I'm better off just avoiding stores completely).  So, I grabbed a few things a J. Crew and Victoria's Secret on sale Tuesday night and then Wednesday I hit up H&M and Nordstrom Rack.  I did have restraint, I ended up just buying one item, that I think it pretty classic and a potential staple - a navy blazer.  H&M - $34.95; could I really go wrong?! (Unfortunately I can't find it online to share a pic).

I love this little top (and how cute would a navy blazer be over this?!); but apparently everyone else did too because there were two size 2's left.  I tried to squeeze into them but nope, I think I'm a solid size 6.



Actually, I asked the clerk about the top and she told me that right now the typical turn around time to sell items some of their more popular once they're placed on the sale floor is two to four days!  It's like there is no hope unless when find something in your size; and if you do, you'd better buy it right then.

Looking at my shopping account funds after H&M, it's a good thing I didn't find anything at Nordstrom Rack (although I do have giftcards burning holes in my pockets there)...this is totally how I felt:

Except that I had $5.15 in my account :O)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips