Thursday, February 2, 2012

Interesting Morning

There’s nothing like some excitement to start a work-day morning.

I walk to the train and get on as usual.  We arrive at a stop and are told that we’ll ‘be standing momentarily due to police activity ahead’.  Momentarily turns out to mean 20 minutes.  And we learn ‘ahead’ means at the next stop. When we arrive at the next stop, someone gets on and sees their coworker (who happens to work on the same floor of my building; there are only two companies on my floor. Small world).  Eavesdropping on their conversation, I learn that a guy came up the stairs to the train platform running, but didn’t stop and proceeded to jump on the train tracks and sprint south.

Shortly after, train officials and police arrived and went after him.  The guy made it almost to the next stop until he was tackled and taken into custody.  Oh, the life on public transit is never dull!

Btw, I decided to treat myself to a Starbucks breakfast, even though it’s only Thursday, and I’m trying the new chicken sausage wrap.  It’s WEIRD.  It seems like a wheat type little burrito.  Inside is the chicken sausage, as well as onions, bell peppers and egg white.  Ewww and mushrooms, which I HATE. It’s actually fairly spicy. Not what I was expecting and I’m not really enjoying it.  So much for trying something new, I’ll stick to my bacon gouda from now on.

Today’s deals are:
·    Banana Republic: Last day of 40% off select women’s pants and sweaters; online only
·    Gap: Today online from 12-6pm, enjoy 25% off your purchase with code GAPHAPPY
·    Macys: 25-65% off handbags and accessories with code RED
·    Philosophy: Free pretty in pink gift set with any $65+ purchase through 2/5


·    Snapfish: Free standard shipping on Valentine’s cards, gifts and books through 6pm PT 2/5 with code LOVEFS (plus 10% back via ebates.com)
·    Victoria’s Secret: Free limited lacie thong with $60 purchase in stores or online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips