Monday, February 13, 2012

Kohl's Find!

While painting my nails Saturday morning (OPI's Wooden Shoe Like to Know), I browsed my sister's recent copy of Real Simple.  I came across a spread with cute outfits priced under $100 and came across an adorable Elle brand skirt from Kohls for $50.  The colors were fun and it's pleated (which according to In Style is one of the current trends); I was already in love. Plus- I could wear it for work or fun!

Later while I was waiting for Ben to pack up for our return to Chicago, I was bored and hopped on Kohl's website.  I discovered it is 40% off this week so I pretty much immediately got in the car and about 15 minutes later I was line with my skirt, for $30, the last one in my size.



The coloring is a bit off in this picture; but I think it'd be fun to wear a colorful outfit by combining the skirt with a solid color top.


Now my attempts of "modeling" the skirt for you. (And messing with the new camera; sorry about the flash).
It seems pretty true to fit/size.  I got a 6. I usually wear a size 6 from Banana in their pencil skirts and a 4 from J. Crew.  With the flowy fit, you could probably go up or down a size depending on how high you want to wear it.



Blazer - H&M, $34.95 (in stores now; not shown online)
Tee - Gap scoop neck (Summer '11)
Skirt - Elle, $30 (originally $50, Kohls)
(I apologize, it looks like for some reason the skirt is
now showing as $35 online; but still a great buy!)
Necklace from a local boutique, Bazar
Shoes - Banana Republic outlet (old; Summer '09!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips