Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday's OOTD

One nice thing about my mother is that we're pretty much the same size in clothing.  Last year I gave her this mustard blouse from Gap for Christmas.  When I was home last weekend, I discussed she was planning on giving it to Goodwill, so I brought it home with me. 


I love a good navy-mustard-gold combo.  It's classic.


Cardi - Design History (via TJ Maxx)
Blouse - Gap (Winter '10; via my mom)
Skirt - Banana Republic (Fall '11)
Shoes - Puma Zandy (I'll post about these shortly.
These are just for my commute! Nude heels once I get to work)




With this heat and humidity (Chicago CRUSHED the old weather record of 76 yesterday with a high of 85; that made for one hot and sweaty run, but surprisingly it felt good), I've been wearing my hair wavy because it's easier to deal with and I don't have to worry about my hair becoming a poof ball when I step outside.  I use a technique called plopping.

Essentially, in the shower I was and condition my hair as normal.  When I get out of the shower, I don't touch it with a towel, at all.  I don't comb or brush it.  I put my mousse in it (just plain ol' Fructis) and kind of scrunch it to worth the mouse in.  Then I flip my head upside and wrap my hair up in a flour sack towel.  Wear it up for about 45 minutes or so and when you take it out, you have some nice wavy ringlets.  It won't be completely dry, but if needed you can use a diffuser.  I usually just let it air dry.

Curl Construct Mousse

If you go on YouTube, you can find some great plopping videos, which show you have to wrap/tie the towel.  Old long-sleeved t-shirts work well too.  This is the video I learned from.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips